We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to plan a one week trip to Anegada, need advise!!

Myrtle Beach, South...
13 posts
Save Topic
Looking to plan a one week trip to Anegada, need advise!!

Can anyone share, best way to get there, where to stay, eat and what not to miss. We are very laid back and can't wait to explore - also when is the best time to visit - thanks in advance for all of your help :)

Pasadena, Maryland
Level Contributor
302 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to plan a one week trip to Anegada, need advise!!

You can either charter a flight from SJU or Tortola or you can take the ferry from Road Town. There are many places to stay depending on what you are looking for Neptunes Treasure or Anegada Reef Hotel if you just want a room and there are several different cottages. I have stayed at Lavenda Breeze which is the largest and most upscale place on the island. Keel point Cottages are also very nice, have AC in the bedrooms, Anegada Beach cottages are in a great location but no AC. The cottages at Cow Wreck are nice also if you want to be within walking distance to a bar and restaraunt. Let me know if I can answer any other questions you may have.

Kathy

Columbus...
Level Contributor
27 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to plan a one week trip to Anegada, need advise!!

when are you guys going?

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to plan a one week trip to Anegada, need advise!!

Lavenda Breeze is probably the nicest villa on Anegada:

…smugmug.com/Vacation/…

We've also stayed at the nearby Lo'Blolly Beach Cottages and had a great time there. http://www.loblollycottages.com/

…smugmug.com/Vacation/BVI-Anegada-2007-Sept/

Definitely recommend a rental vehicle and we really like Dean Wheatley 284 495 9677.

We love snorkeling Loblolly Bay, just keep in mind there is a fair amount of bleached coral, especially close to shore, but we always see lots of sea life:

…smugmug.com/Underwater/…

…smugmug.com/Underwater/…

Enjoy your trip, alashas

http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

Little Rock...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to plan a one week trip to Anegada, need advise!!

Hi, this thread seems to fit our question...am I reading the ferry schedule correctly? 9 hour ferry ride? What do most people do, ferry or fly ? Thanks in advance.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,626 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking to plan a one week trip to Anegada, need advise!!

No, it takes about one hour and 15 minutes. If you are going from Tortola or VG, I would take the ferry.

Little Rock...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking to plan a one week trip to Anegada, need advise!!

Ah! I figured out, it GOES at the times listed on the schedule. An hour + is far more palatable! Thank you.

Federal Way...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking to plan a one week trip to Anegada, need advise!!

We are going to stay at Lavendar Breeze, and were told to plan a provisions list. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking to plan a one week trip to Anegada, need advise!!

Danagirl, Lavenda Breeze is a terrific place on Anegada, here are some photos

…smugmug.com/Vacation/…

Groceries are limited on Anegada. Generally, we eat breakfasts and lunches in our accommodations, but eat dinners at restaurants, so we "provision" those 2 meals, as well as plenty of bottled water, other beverages, and snacks. Have a great trip, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

Boston
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking to plan a one week trip to Anegada, need advise!!

We took the direct ferry from Virgin Gorda and it arrived in 50 minutes.

I think you will be enchanted by the island. I am sure you know it is sparsley populated and rural. It is very quiet, so it should be what you want.

If you go between now and May, make sure you visit the Big Bamboo restaurant and seek out Crazy Richard, who lives in a tent behind the gift shop. Or as he calls it Pluto.

My group loved Cow wreck beach and Loblolly/Big Bamboo. The surf tends to be rough, so be careful.

Honestly, if you are on the island for a week, you won't miss anything because there isn't a whole lot to see. Enjoy!!!

Federal Way...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking to plan a one week trip to Anegada, need advise!!

Thank you I appreciate the advice.

Get answers to your questions about Anegada
Recent Conversations