We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip suggestions

Williamstown NJ
Level Contributor
356 posts
231 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip suggestions

We will be staying on Virgin Gorda and are planning to take the ferry to Anegada on Friday May 3.

We emailed D&W and he has a jeep available.

We would love some suggestions on the best places to do, see and eat in our limited 1 day visit.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip suggestions

Dean will give you a map and suggestions. By the way, Dean's wife, Henny, makes some terrific pottery and will wrap it so that it will be well protected. She also makes delicious sea grape jam. The Settlement is an interesting area, where most of the residents live, and where you'll see the fire station, other gov't buildings and the Iguana Rehab project. The beaches on Anegada are stunning, and Loblolly Bay is a good one to visit, since it has cabanas, as well as a very good restaurant, the Big Bamboo. I suggest driving from there to Cow Wreck Beach - you'll pass the pond where the pink flamingos reside. CWB Resort also has a very good restaurant. Head back to the ferry dock....

Here are some photos of our day trip from VG to Anegada with Dive BVI:

…smugmug.com/Vacation/…

Have a great trip, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

Boston
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip suggestions

Hi,

I agree with Alashas. We just did the same trip in January. We rented from Dean too. Make sure you have a spare tire before you leave. We got a flat, had no spare tire, and couldn't reach Dean because he was in Church. We got help from some locals and Dean eventually came. We were on the island for the first time and were concerned because it was quite desolate and we had no idea where we were.

Head to Loblolly Beach/big Bamboo. You can swim, snorkel, eat, and drink there. They head over to Cow Wreck. I would head back to the settlement and poke around the little stores before catching the ferry back. I hope you like it. My group loved it!

usa
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip suggestions

Can you sail from Sophers Hole to Anegada and back comfortably on a 6 day sail? We plan on staying one night at Norman Island, Virgin Gorda, Anegada, Scrub (Prickly Pear or Beef), Jost Van Dyke and finally Sophers Hole.

Thanks and any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

4. Re: Day trip suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 05:17