We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Thomas Ferry

Little Rock...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
St. Thomas Ferry

Do they ever run the ferry from St. Thomas to Peter island if requested on a day other than Tuesday and Saturday? We are only able to get away for five nights, but we would still prefer to fly into St. Thomas...fewer connections. Thanks in advance for any help!

BVI
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Thomas Ferry

I do not know for sure, but you could try Dohm's water taxi. They are private and much more likely to be flexible. They are, however, more costly. Good luck! - capt derek s/v bella vita

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Thomas Ferry

The staff at Peter Island will do just about anything you ask. My guess is that they'd take you to St. Thomas whenever you need to go. The fee will be steep, but likely much cheaper than Dohm's water taxi price of $600 each way.

I recommend taking a $10 cab from the STT airport to the Charlotte Amalie ferry terminal. Take the Road Town Fast Ferry to Tortola for about $30 per person each way. Once you get to Road Town, take a $10 cab to the Peter Island ferry dock and they'll pick you up. The building is staffed and has ac, drinks, etc. We were surprised with how nice it was.

If you time it all correctly, it could take about 2 hours from picking up luggage at STT to sitting on the beach at Peter Island, and with a possible $500 savings over Dohm's, the extra hour could be worth it. ( Depending on your typical hourly rate of course:))

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Thomas Ferry

I second that. Much much cheaper and not that much of a hassle. From St Thomas to Tortola your best choice would be to take Road Town Fast Ferry (RTTF) as it goes directly to Road Town (others tend to stop in Red Hook or West End). You would clear C&I in Road Town. Check the ferry schedule here bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_sttCA_tortola.htm

You can also check the ferry times for Tortola- Peter Island, just use the drop down menu.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Thomas Ferry

Where is the dock on Tortola for the Peter Island ferry?

I was under the impression that it docked in Road Town and ran back and forth many times daily.

5. Re: St. Thomas Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 09:20
Get answers to your questions about Peter Island