We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peter Island next week. Help?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
29 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Peter Island next week. Help?

We will be on Peter Island next week. Is it worth getting the meal plan or not? Is the excursion to the Baths on Virgin Gorda worth the $$? Do we need to reserve the Loop?

Thanks

New Jersey
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Peter Island next week. Help?

We stayed on Peter many moons ago - sorry not current info but we loved our restaurant meals. The beach restaurant was average but we loved every breakfast (especially the fresh breads!) & dinner in the main dining room. I think it depends on how much island hopping you'll do. If you plan to relax and luxuriate on Peter I think the meal plan is worth it. Hopefully someone who has stayed more recently will chime in.

If you've never been to Virgin Gorda - go- it's well worth the trip. Enjoy!

Marlboro, New York
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Peter Island next week. Help?

We are planning on going this August for our 5th trip to PIR. We LOVE it!!! We did do the Virgin Gorda excursion years ago and enjoyed it. We usually get the full meal plan but this year we are doing the modified which does not include lunch as we are up early and have a big breakfast and then eat an earlier dinner abt. 6. Other wise its a lot of food to eat! And if you want to run to do any of the day trips you are not wasting money on a lunch you won't be there to eat.

massachusetts
Level Contributor
293 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peter Island next week. Help?

i did the math based on our 1 week stay last year (i'm an anal banker) unless you are very big eaters i don't think i'd do the full meal plan. i think the modified meal plan boils down to how big of a breakfast you like to eat. if you like a big breakfast than it's worth it by about $100/pp/ per week. If you eat a small breakfast than it's not worth it.

I enjoy a big breakfast occasionally, but not every day not even on vacation. We are going back in November and have opted to not do the meal plan.

I hate to tell you to NOT do the Virgin Gorda tour (we didn't but we honeymooned there so didn't see the need) but most people do it and the resort is empty. we booked white bay the day of the tour day had the whole beach to ourselves the whole day. It was AWESOME

North NJ
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peter Island next week. Help?

Besides the resort restaurants are there any other restaurants on the island?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Peter Island next week. Help?

Not on Peter Island

NJ
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peter Island next week. Help?

and... you will need to take their ferry launch and a cab to go anywhere else.

7. Re: Peter Island next week. Help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2015, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Peter Island