We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,642 posts
194 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

In looking at various menus for restaurants I would like advice for Aqua Beach, Deckers and Edoardos.

Also, what is pricing at 7 at the Ritz Carlton (we don't drink but the menu does not have prices).

Thanks

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
270 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

You have picked two of our favorite restaurants.

Deckers is wonderful......a waiter recommended the jerk pork tenderloin with gnoccis to us about 4 years ago.....we have to have them every trip. The pork tenderloin is so tender with a nice sauce, a little spicy. If this doesnt sound good to you.....the menu is consistantly good. They have a nice ceasar salad, good bread. It is our favorite restaurant because it is always good. Ask to sit outside under the big fan.

I've eaten at Aqua Beach once......can't remember what I had. I remember that is was fine.....bar food.

Edoardos is also excellent. The bruschetta they bring to your table is very good, great salads, calamari is great. I cant remember a specific pasta but have always been happy. They also have pizza.....the kids got that so we got to try it. Yum! Overall, it is a great place. Enjoy!

I don't know anything about 7 except Ive heard that it is good.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

We loved Papagalos

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,089 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Casanova in George Town is fantastic -- Cafe Med across from the Hyatt is the same owners etc., but I think Casanova is better. Ragazzi is excellent value for money. Had a great lunch at Cimboco (on the advice of regulars). I do really like lunch at My Bar at Sunset House (great view of the harbor -- great conch fritters). It works out well to go there before Pure Art, Glassblowing Factory etc on a trip to GT. I also love Calypso Grille, however, after many visits, decided I prefer to sit inside on the weekends -- the view is amazing, I just think there are too many tables outside when it is crowded. Lunch at the Lone Star is fun and breakfast at the Triple Crown Pub is outstanding. I prefer the sushi at Bamboo, but Yoshi wasn't bad at all (much cheaper == we had 11 at dinner!). The most beautiful spot is a table facing the water at Hemingways -- we have had amazing meals, but we have also had well bad ones, although the last couple have been consistently good. Have a great time. I would be remiss not to mention that every meal at Deckers (a few) have been consistently excellent.. An totally different experience is Rolands Garden. Fantastic food and a very different type of experience.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,904 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Edouardo's is one we always put at the top of our list! No view, but their menu, food, ambiance, excellence, friendliness more than compensates!

Last time we went to Deckers was a few years ago and we weren't wowed, but have heard only stellar reports so perhaps will need to revisit during our next trip:)

Midwest City...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

We were in the Caymans last week and were told Deckers will be closed for a few weeks. You may want to check on that.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,642 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Any other suggestions.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

Try the cracked conch at the Cracked Conch Restaurant or its less formal outdoor area called the Macabuca Grill. It's absolutely delicious and the outside seating is such a beautiful place to enjoy the sun setting.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,264 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

I am always reluctant to join posts about restaurants because, as they say, one man's meat........

We have simple tastes in food and have found that many of the popular dining spots have nothing on the menu that we would order. Nothing against any of the establishments, it's just that we are way too picky eaters and not into gourmet.That being said, we always enjoy Fisherman's Reef, Copper Falls, Seaharvest at Sunset House, Eduardo's, Lobster Pot, Lighthouse, Portofino's, pizza from the new place Gino's and yes, The Wharf. Over the years many of our favorites have closed so we have been forced to try new places. We meant to try Decker's this year but didn't get around to it.

Eats is OK for breakfast on occasion but it is really just a diner, and we have those at home.

9. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 00:19