We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic lunch after wedding?

Creve Coeur...
Level Contributor
149 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic lunch after wedding?

We will be getting married on the SMB in three weeks. It will be a morning wedding with just the two of us, but I want to go out for lunch wearing my dress. Any suggestions for a nice romantic place for lunch (preferably one with air conditioning that dress is a bit heavy)?

Counting down - woohoo!!!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,993 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic lunch after wedding?

Where is the wedding. Over the years we have seen many couples (still in wedding attire) at Pappagallos although that is not immediately along SMB. Luca is a outstanding restaurant -- lunch is a more casual meal at most spots. Perhaps something at the RC. Have you looked at venues in caymangoodtaste.com or caymanrestaurants.com. You might get a good overview. Many congratulations!

Creve Coeur...
Level Contributor
149 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic lunch after wedding?

What is the RC? We will be getting married on the beach at Lacovia. When these restaurants say 'nice ocean breeze' is it really comfortable? We have been in Jamaica where they said the same thing and it was NOT comfy at all!

Thanks

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic lunch after wedding?

RC is Ritz Carlton. The closest place would be Hemingways at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites (former Hyatt) which is just a couple properties of Lacovia. It is air conditioned.

Westport, CT
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic lunch after wedding?

Congratulations! I was just in GC last week (been there at least a dozen times before). The island and beaches have never looked better. I walked on the Lacovia Beach and it is pristine. I have been to both Hemingway's and Pappagallo. I have not eaten at the RC restaurants. Pappagallo is by far more romantic than Hemingway's. But it is about 15 minutes drive away whereas Hemingway's is much closer. I would definitely choose Pappagallo's if you have the time. Both are air-conditioned.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,993 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic lunch after wedding?

Lacovia is a great place. Be sure to let them know it is a special event and you want beach front or pool front. We were at at wedding in December next door and it was lovely. They timed it so they would have sunset for pictures. You could not have picked a more lovely spot. Look into a sunset sail with Red Sail (redsailsports.com) Good wishes!

Creve Coeur...
Level Contributor
149 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic lunch after wedding?

Our wedding planner suggested Hemingways, Grand old house, Wharf, Reef, and Luca. I want a romantic place with either AC or a nice cool breeze. Attentive service and preferably no rowdy tourists and kids.

What do you think about those choices? Papagallos looks interesting too. Oh and btw....where is the nearest grocery store to Lacovia? (if anyone knows)

Counting...counting....counting.... :)

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic lunch after wedding?

There is a Foster's grocery in the Strand shopping center which is a few properties north of Lacovia.

New York
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic lunch after wedding?

We just got back from Lacovia last night and watched a wedding on the beach on Thursday evening. It was lovely! You picked a beautiful spot for your wedding!

Good luck to you.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic lunch after wedding?

Yup, Foster's grocery at the Strand is the best bet for your gocery shopping and I would definitely pick Grand Old House for your post-wedding meal!

Creve Coeur...
Level Contributor
149 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic lunch after wedding?

After emails and reading websites, we have reservations at Hemingway's. But might go to Papagallos for a dinner later. And cool part is we can just walk right up the beach to get there.

Next week! next week! next week!