We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to rent a car

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
341 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
When to rent a car

My husband and I are heading to Grand Cayman next month for a 5-day visit. We are staying at the Cayman Beach Suites. I thought we would rent a car for a day or two. Should I rent in advance or wait until I get there? Does it matter?

Thank you.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,572 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to rent a car

If you are going for 5 days you might think about just picking it up at the airport and keeping it until you return. You will save on the taxi fares. Check out prices at Andy's (coupon on the Cayman Activity Guide), Avis, Marshall's etc., to see what the price difference would be. Having said that, you picked a great spot on the central, widest and sandiest part of SMB. You are in easy walking distance to lots of restaurants, etc., so if you decide to stay with renting for just a couple days, you will be fine. At this time of year you shouldn't have to book in advance. Have a lovely stay!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to rent a car

In July I wouldn't worry about booking a car ahead of time for a day or two. IF you want to find a best price or specific type car, then it's wiser to do before you go.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to rent a car

Here is a great site that will do a comparison of all the rental agencies on GC (with the exception of Andys) and put it in a grid for easy view.

www.gocayman.ky/grand-cayman-car-rental.html

4. Re: When to rent a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2009, 06:17