We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marriott trip report

MA
Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
marriott trip report

We had a fabulous time at the Marriott, and the staff played a huge part in making our trip sooooo great! It is a small hotel. Everything is close together and you see the same staff doing multiple jobs. Henry (umbrellas), Craig ,Laurent, Cya, Zoltan,(bar tenders)Lexi,Lisa, Robin, Marisette (Wait Staff). They were the most interesting, professional, and hardworking staff we have ever encountered at a Marriott! (25 years travelling with Marriott).

The second best thing about the Hotel was the man made reef.

We snorkeled multiple times a day. It is always our favorite thing to do and this was fantastic! 30 Ft. off shore if that, always seeing new fish, calm waters, accessible all day long! Just can't say enough about how much we enjoyed it.

This was our most relaxixing vacation ever!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marriott trip report

Thanks for posting your review.

I am going to CI soon and will be staying at the Marriott as well.

I am happy to hear that the snorkeling is great as I am bringing my own gear.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marriott trip report

Nice report on the Marriott. I'm sure the employees would appreciate knowing they made your trip wonderful!

MA
Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marriott trip report

I am sendinding a letter to Bill Marriott. I think it is important to recognize great service, because it is hard work!

Boston
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: marriott trip report

thanks for the posts guys. we're heading there in 2 days and we can't wait!!! one question for you re: snorkeling - i don't like wearing fins to swim. if i don't wear them, should i wear water shoes to protect my feet from the reef? is the reef too sharp to go barefeet?

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,025 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: marriott trip report

The Mariott "reef" is in pretty shallow water so you won't necessarily need fins. I would recommend the water shoes. This is not a coral reef. It is several large spheres with openings to shelter the fish etc. man made but actually we were surprised by the amount of sealife they draw. For a terrific snorkel day ck out Fat Fish adventures. They will pick you up and return you to the Marriott.

MA
Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: marriott trip report

No need. The reef is in very calm waters right near the shore, it is pure sand on the bottom. Do give a look before you stand, I saw one sea urchin on the floor . The fish are so used to swimmers it is great! Enjoy

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: marriott trip report

Thanks for the report! Were you at all bothered by the construction going on next door?

8. Re: marriott trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2010, 05:17