We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Family Dinner Place

Northern Virginia...
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Topic
Nice Family Dinner Place

Reading through menus and suggestions and reviews, thinking Dolce Vita might be a good place for a family dinner, but is it small child friendly? (Like noisy and not too fancy that we'd feel awkward with a 3, 5 and 5 months old kids with us)?

Grand Cayman...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
616 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Family Dinner Place

I've been to Dolce Vita once for a group dinner meeting, and it didn't seem too fancy for a family with young kids. It's a fairly new restaurant (there have been several other restaurants in the same location before, right next to the Blockbuster video rental store in Westshore Plaza) so there may not be many TripAdvisor members who have already been there i.e don't interpret the lack of replies to your post to mean you shouldn't go there!

You can also consider having dinner at Periwinkle in the Ritz-Carlton, with free kids movies on a large projection screen outside starting at 6:30pm (weather permitting). Periwinkle is "al fresco" and has a very nice menu IMHO and more casual ambiance than the other Ritz-Carlton restaurants.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Family Dinner Place

I'm just getting ready to write a review for Dolce Vita. The place was fabulous, delicious and the service was beyond excellent. The Chef was out to meet us and he was amazing. There is a 'bar side' and a 'table side' which you can choose. The best way I can describe it is 'rustic'; not formal or fancy. I highly recommend. We had the mussels, french onion soup, tuna carpaccio, sea bass, grouper and Mahi. The martini's were large, the wine fantastic. This is the old "Post" restaurant (most recently) with a change of name. IMO - this is WAY better than Eduardos for Island Italian.

3. Re: Nice Family Dinner Place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 05:17