We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plantana condos

Weiser
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Plantana condos

I am seriously considering the plantana condos for our honeymoon in June 2011. Due to economic circumstances we will be staying in a 1 bedroom either ocean view or garden view. Does anyone have suggestions on which unit numbers are the best? We would appreciate if it wasn't too noisy but still had a nice view. Thanks for your help!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,770 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plantana condos

Plantana is in a great location, nice and quiet but yet a short walk over to the Westin. I would think an oceanview would be better. Since it's your honeymoon (assuming you booked thru Plantana directly), I'd e-mail them and just ask for best unit within the category booked. I prefer upper floors, but that's me.

Weiser
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Plantana condos

Are the best rates typically given booking directly with Plantana?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,874 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plantana condos

No, the rates are pretty standard. An advantage in booking directly with the condo is that you can speak with someone there, make your needs and preferences known and get their help in choosing the best unit for you. In your case, if you let them know that it is your honeymoon then hopefully they will place you in the nicest unit in the category you choose. One word of caution is that they will not guarantee you a specific unit #, simply one in the category you are paying for. There are only a couple of one bedroom units at Plantana so your choices will be limited to ocean view or garden view.

Edited: 19 September 2010, 18:07
Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,874 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plantana condos

Actually, after looking at Plantana's information, I see that there is only (1) one bedroom in each category so unit # will not apply. They will place you in the one that fits your choice.

Weiser
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Plantana condos

This all sounds great! One more question...I know Plantana is considered central SMB but is a little further from restaurants and supermarket than some others. We are active people who don't mind walking. We plan on getting some groceries (I.e. Beverages to drink during the day while on the beach and some sandwich stuff for some lunches). We plan to eat out every night. Will we need to take the vans or taxis to and from the grocery store?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,874 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plantana condos

If you don't mind walking in the heat carrying bags of groceries then you could do it. I always found it too far to walk so we drove to the grocery store from Plantana. By the way, there is a charge now for the plastic grocery bags, this year we brought our own reusable bags from home.

Plantana is a very nice property, we vacationed there for 6 years before moving on. Another one bedroom option a bit closer to the store is Villas of the Galleon.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plantana condos

Seeing as it's off season, some places might be willing to give you a 2 BR for the 1 BR rate--something to check into anyway.

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Plantana condos

I belive there is only one garden view, 1 bedroom unit. #4, and it's really nice. You can also ask for unit#3. As for groceries, if you stand in front of Plantana, you can catch the bus to Fosters Market. I like Plantana far more that Villas of the Galleon.... it's quieter, not right next to a major hotel, but siuated 3 doors down, and it has a pool, which Villas of the Galleon does not.

Santiago
Level Contributor
207 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Plantana condos

Have you considered Northern 7 Mile Beach? There are various condos in that area that do 1 bedroom oceanfront. There is a large Fosters Supermarket about half a mile away and of course you still have the option of the busses. Discovery Point Club has 1 bedroom oceanfront to name one.

10. Re: Plantana condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2011, 07:29