We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservation problems - Tropicana Tours for airport transfer

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Reservation problems - Tropicana Tours for airport transfer

I submitted my reservation request to Tropicana about 2 wks ago via their website, and the other day I just realized that I did not get an email confirmation/voucher to reflect my order as indicated on their website. I am to present the voucher at the airport.

I checked my credit card and a transaction was not made. Their website does not seem too high tech so I am not sure if there is a problem (ie. order does not get processed even if you have completed the online form) with the site.

I emailed them 2 days ago and no answer. They were quick to respond to my questions about the airport transfer but no response to my email voucher. I tried calling them today (Saturday) and no answer.

I haven't read anything bad about them on TA so not sure what is going on?

Is it better to pre-book or just show up at the airport?

What other companies provide airport transfers.

We do not want to taxi as we will not be bringing a carseat with us. We will be travelling with a 2 yr old.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,830 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservation problems - Tropicana Tours for airport transfer

Are you bringing a car seat just for the trip to/from your hotel or will you be renting a car during your stay? If renting, consider picking up a rental car at the airport and driving yourself. If not, I found listings for Webster's Tours www.websters.ky and AA Transportation Services www.islanddrivers.com.

I have not used them but both advertise airport transfers.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservation problems - Tropicana Tours for airport transfer

I've used Tropicana many times over the years. Don't worry about not hearing back from them since there's no savings on prepaying as opposed to doing it on site. They are set up right outside the exit area directly across from the cab stand. Everyone is put on the next available bus so having a reservation isn't necessary. Also there are usually a few busses just sitting and waiting for visitors.

If you find that your credit card has been charged but no confirmation email, just bring a copy of the charge with you to show them and it'll be no problem in their getting you on a bus. I've had that happen too.

The only thing to add is that the taxis are vans so perhaps it'd be an easier ride with your child as opposed to the bus(don't get me wrong, they are modern vehicles!). But there's still a good chance another couple will be in the taxi too. I didn't understand about the car seat situation and whether you wanted a larger vehicle for protection.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservation problems - Tropicana Tours for airport transfer

Thanks for the reassurance filter14. Regarding the carseat - we do not plan on bringing ours to CI. We are ok with taking the bus if we need to once we have settled in the hotel, to tour the island or if we plan on renting a car, we'd rent one from the rental company.

Edited: 16 January 2011, 02:44
4. Re: Reservation problems - Tropicana Tours for airport transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 06:18