We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Vacation 2011

Dalton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Family Vacation 2011

We have been enjoying vacation in the Cayman's for many years now.

This year we had extended family. I wanted to thank Trip Advisor's

Destination Experts for some great tips. We had a group of 11 one week and 13 the next (ages ranging from 9 to 74) to keep entertained.

Our divers enjoyed diving with Deep Blue Divers and some shore dives. They all loved the the Wreck of the Kittiwake .

The snorkelers enjoyed Cemetery Beach, Smith Cove, and areas around Rum Point . If you are not a strong swimmer or have a small child there is a shallow spot at Cemetery Beach that has quite a few fish. The reef is a bit of a swim. Rum Point is also shallow. Hope to explore Testudo's snorkel spots next time.

My daughter and niece enjoyed Nicki's Horseback riding. It was just the two of them and Nicki. She takes experienced riders and no more than 4 people.

My 9 year old and her cousin could not stop talking about swimming with Sally at Dolphin Cove. I was impressed by the facility and care of the dolphins. If you are not participating in the dolphin swim you can watch from a dock and enjoy the show. Our kid's grand mom enjoyed watching.

Restaurants we enjoyed that accommodate large groups

were Macabucos, Sunset House, Guy Harvey, Over The Edge, and Legends ( for sport events on t v ,or rain). Calypso Grill and Abacus are 2 fine dining restaurants we enjoy . If you are looking for fine dining there are no shortage of great restaurants.

Some comments from our first time visitors.

Everyone on the island is so friendly!

We love that no one is trying to sell things on the beach.

The soft sand and calm warm water is so relaxing. Along, with walking the beach and talking with locals and other tourists. Loved all the dog activities from dogs on paddle board to kayaks. The funniest was the golden retriever that would not let his owners swim. He felt like he had to save them every time they got into the water.

Seeing star fish in a natural setting was very exciting for my sister!

She will be making note cards from pixs.

At 74 years old and not a swimmer you can enjoy the water and floating.

The ease of a small airport and the short distance to SMB.

Cocktails on the beach are the best!

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Vacation 2011

Like you, I love bringing new folks to the island. Seeing things through their eyes is a hoot. Thanks for posting.

TN
Level Contributor
438 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Vacation 2011

Thanks for a wonderful report. There are so many things ( in and out of the water) for everyone to enjoy.

The dining options are amazing. We love taking first- time visitors down there !

3. Re: Family Vacation 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 22:16