We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Club Colony - Please Answer

Boston
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Club Colony - Please Answer

I tried to do a search to find out info on this hotel and the threads that I found were closed, so I couldn't obtain the info I was looking for.

The question is, is this place still open? It must be closed because I can't find anything on it.

Is there anyplace similar? I know these questions were already asked, but Trip Advisor closed the thread.

We were suppose to go to this hotel 3 years ago, but hurricane Paloma was 1 day away, so we headed over to Galley Bay in Antigua. It worked out much better, but we never made it to Caymen. Can someone recommend a reasonable priced resort on 7 Mile Beach, or any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Boston Tia

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,511 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Club Colony - Please Answer

It is closed and in its place is a new high-rise condo under construction.

If you can shed some light on what you think is reasonable and the time of year for a planned visit, others will be able to better provide some lodging advice.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Club Colony - Please Answer

It's been closed for a couple years. New construction going up there now.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Club Colony - Please Answer

Thank you for your quick responses. We usually travel in late fall, December, or January, March, or even June.

I know there is maybe one other all inclusive left on the island, is that the Reef Club? Were they connected to the Beach Club Colony?

I am sorry we didn't get to go to Beach Club, as Cayman seems so cost prohibitive.

We travel from Boston, so we usually look for nonstop flights, which are usually during high season. Anything reasonably low ended price would be considered. I don't need luxury, but I do like to be on the beach.

Thanks!

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Club Colony - Please Answer

The Reef Resort in East End offers an all inclusive option, as does the Marriott Beach Resort on Seven Mile Beach. The place that was associated with the BCC was Spanish Bay Reef, which has also been sold.

There are some relatively (tongue in cheek) inexpensive condo complexes in the southern SMB area. AI is just not popular in GC. Safe destination and lots of dining options.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,442 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Club Colony - Please Answer

June is a much cheaper time to visit the island as it is with all the Carib. AIs are not a big thing in GC as it is so easy to get around and there are so many different restaurants, etc., that it is not a big draw for people on the island. Look at cicondos.com, vrbo.com, caymanvacations.com, caymanvacation.com. While there are places that are cheaper than others, overall the Cayman Islands is not the place that would spring to mind for the most wallet friendly holiday but it has many other wonderful attributes. Look at places like Sunshine Suites, Comfort Suites, etc. How many are you? A condo would certainly save a lot in terms of eating out etc.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Club Colony - Please Answer

Because Cayman is an expensive island, Beach Club Colony was so appealing. I know Grand Cayman is an expensive island.

I spend a lot of time in the British Virgin Islands and AI options are slim. I do not do AI while in the BVI's and we have so much fun trying out the local restaurants. I don't like to cook on vacation and there are only two of us that travel.

Thank you all for your comments. They are greatly appreciated.

7. Re: Beach Club Colony - Please Answer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2013, 10:21