We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant reviews

minneapolis, mn
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant reviews

I would like any critiques for the following restaurants.

1) Osetra Bay

2) Cracked Conch

3) Prime (the Brazillian steakhouse)

4) Pappagallo's

5) Edoardo's

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant reviews

Oddly I have only been to one of the choices. I love Pappagallos. It is a beautiful setting, wonderful food and wine and a delightful staff. I haven't been to the Cracked Conch since it reopened several years ago, but I often go to Macabuca which is the outside very casual at the bar restaurant behind it. They use the same kitchen so I guess the food has similar prep and the ingredients are the same. Love lot of things on the menu, the conch sampler is wonderful -- I praised it many times. I normally don't eat steak in the islands -- usually go for seafood so it is nothing against the others, just that as steakhouses go it is hard to beat NYC in my book!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant reviews

"as steakhouses go it is hard to beat NYC"

I couldn't agree more Retrip. In the Caymans I eat fresh local fish and in NYC nothing beats a roquefort topped ribeye at Sparks. Just my opinion.

New Hope...
Level Contributor
734 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant reviews

If you staying for a short time, I would substitute La Dolce Vita or Casanova for Edoardos, Morgan's Harbor for Cracked Conch, Cooper Falls for Prime. Oestra bay and Pappagallo are good choices.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant reviews

I second the suggestion for Morgans Harbour over Cracked Conch.

I used to take my grandmother to Cracked Conch for Sunday Brunch. That would be in addition to other occassions to go out to dinner since Cracked Conch is right around the corner from where I live. The menu has changed so much in the past few years in order to cater to tourists that there's nothing on the menu my grandmother (a 91 year-old Caymanian) recognizes anymore. I hope business is great for them but, in my opinion, the food is over-priced and average at best.

5. Re: Restaurant reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2013, 10:21