We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About that Miami connection

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
1 review
Save Topic
About that Miami connection

From the Compass:

compasscayman.com/caycompass/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: About that Miami connection

Sadly when I fly LHR-MIA-GCM I get to experience the joys of immigration twice. Truly a shambolic situation at the worst of times but if you know when it's not busy, it's not too bad. Flying out of Tampa on Cayman Airways might just be the way forward for a few months!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
581 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: About that Miami connection

ouch. Just booked return to US in June on a Sunday night. LOL. :(

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: About that Miami connection

Shouldn't be a problem if you have a US Passport or can use those lines. Its mainly a problem for us dangerous foreigners

Allentown...
Level Contributor
598 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: About that Miami connection

Just when I was starting to feel better about our connection there. Our layover in MIA is an hour and fifty minutes. We have the early AM flight out of GC on a Thursday so we at least have that going for us...I hope. Ugh.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
581 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: About that Miami connection

sajidgidda....that was funny.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: About that Miami connection

On a serious note, I love the US, have done all my life and it is a fantastic country filled with warm, friendly people. It pains me that the first experience many will have of America is with immigration and customs officials who are some of the worst in the world and pi$$ you off before you've even entered the country

on my last trip to Vegas, my mom and I were detained for 2 hours in the waiting room with no explanation until they took me for questioning. They told me we were flagged because the woman I was with looked far too old to be my wife. My mum is 62,and while she doesn't look it, it's a fair assumption that we were mother and son, not husband and wife. They never asked until that point, offered no apology and told me it would be an hour before I could talk to a supervisor to complain. It's not an isolated incident, you see some real bad treatment of foreigners at US airports and it tarnishes the whole nation

Edit: Forgot to mention my dad cleared immigration first and was standing outside the room waiting for us. If my mum and I were a couple, I don't know who the hell they thought he waa

Edited: 03 April 2012, 14:13
Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: About that Miami connection

Just scheduled my appointment for the Global Entry program.

Grand Cayman...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
596 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: About that Miami connection

Just FYI ... went through Miami immigration this weekend (through the US Residents line) and it didn't seem to take particularly long.

9. Re: About that Miami connection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:16