We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach bars restaurants close to London House ?

C P
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Topic
Beach bars restaurants close to London House ?

How far of a walk is it to a beach bar restaurant type of place from London House ? I have to walk a little more slowly than most.

Thanks in advance.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,110 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach bars restaurants close to London House ?

You can walk south to Tiki Beach, if walking slowly it would take 20 minutes or + . Not much further south from there, you can get to Calico Jack's.

Edited: 28 May 2012, 23:13
C P
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach bars restaurants close to London House ?

Thanks. I like the look of London House, laid back, small, low key, and location in less busier part of SMB. Price is right too.

Is there a rental that you would recommend that is similar but maybe closer to a beach bar or restaurant ? I am recovering from surgery and still a little mobility limited.

Thank you

I only need one bedroom.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,110 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach bars restaurants close to London House ?

One bedroom choices are limited. White Sands has 1 bedroom, first floor units and it a little closer to the places I mentioned. It is a small, very quiet complex with a stunning, shaded and uncrowded beach. Check caymanvillas.com for info.

Plantana and Villas of the Galleon to the south offer 1 bedroom with higher rates and are walking distance to the Westin.

To the further southern end of Seven Mile Beach, I think that Tamarind Bay has a 1 bedroom within walking distance to the Royal Palms, but this area is far more congested with a smaller beach than the northern properties.

All of these places require you to climb stairs to the second and third floors so make sure you ask for a ground floor unit for easy access into the unit and out to the beach.

Edited: 28 May 2012, 23:40
Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,110 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach bars restaurants close to London House ?

I was wrong about Tamarind Bay. I checked their webpage and do not see one bedroom units there.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach bars restaurants close to London House ?

The Cayman Reef Resort along SMB has one bedroom units on the first floor. We are renting one for our upcoming trip. I used VRBO to find it and remember seeing a few others. Royal Palms is right next door. Hope this helps!

C P
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach bars restaurants close to London House ?

I am going to check out Plantana and Villas of the Galleon. White Sands looks very nice as well.

Thank you.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,110 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach bars restaurants close to London House ?

If the quiet area of London House appealed to you then Cayman Reef might not be for you. The southern end of Seven Mile Beach is congested and, IMO, not particularly attractive as compared to the north.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach bars restaurants close to London House ?

If you choose London House, rent a car.

C P
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach bars restaurants close to London House ?

Thanks. Your replies gave me a good place to start. I am going to do some more research. Will let you know what I decide.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,110 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach bars restaurants close to London House ?

For me, being next door to the Royal Palms would not be a plus.