We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking age and pubs/bars

Oslo, Norway
6 posts
Save Topic
Drinking age and pubs/bars

What is the drinking age in the Caymans? Also, are there any good pubs/bars which serve up some good sports and brews? Lastly, how are they when is comes to checking id's?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking age and pubs/bars

Drinking age is 18, enforcement is... Lax

Best sports bars are The Attic, Aqua Beach, LoneStar, Legends

Sports pubs are Fidel Murphys and Triple Crown, they have more draught beers here

If you're asking because of Euro 2012, I'll be watching the games at Legends and Triple Crown mostly, maybe some at LoneStar. Games will be early in the afternoon when it's difficult to watch TV outside

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking age and pubs/bars

Hopefully, Saj, our resident pub expert, will RSVP to this question about Caymansssss

EDIT....oops, too late.

Edited: 01 June 2012, 22:07
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking age and pubs/bars

We really should see other people. Next thing you know we'll start dressing in matching outfits!

Oslo, Norway
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking age and pubs/bars

Jeg vil være der i juli, så jeg ble egentlig refererer til OL, men selvfølgelig vil jeg bli å se de euro også! Takk!

Sorry, haha in english: I am actually going to be there in july, during the olympics. Butt of course i will be watching the euros! Thanks for the info!!

Edited: 01 June 2012, 22:27
5. Re: Drinking age and pubs/bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 June 2012, 22:27
Oslo, Norway
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinking age and pubs/bars

One more thing: When you say lax, what does this mean?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinking age and pubs/bars

You know how in the US people are really careful and ID even visibly older (middle aged) people at bars? Well Cayman is pretty much the exact opposite. I see people who probably aren't 18 get served without ID and nobody really cares. I mean, if you look old enough, you're fine

I'm sure people will be watching the Olympics at a few different bars, but it doesn't really have the same passionate following as football

God kveld

Edited: 01 June 2012, 22:45
Oslo, Norway
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinking age and pubs/bars

Thanks for the info! Just curious, do you live on the island? My family and I will be coming in July and we will be staying at sand castle villa, near rum point. Perhaps more of a broad question: What do you enjoy doing on the island? We are eager to know various activities and such! Also, you mentioned that football has a passionate following, yes? Are there any games or places where it is often played on the island? I love football

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,349 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinking age and pubs/bars

FYI Sand Castle is just east of Old Man Bay, at least 6 miles from Rum Point. Very nice house, though.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinking age and pubs/bars

I used to live on island, lived there for about 3 years between 2007-2010. Rum Point is the more quiet side of island, there is a football pitch about 10 minutes away (on the road towards Rum Point) where there's sometimes a game going on, but I don't go to that side of island much. There are more regular games towards Seven Mile Beach area and West Bay, on a few different pitches. Best to ask around at the football pubs (Triple Crown, Fidels)

To be honest, after a while you get bored of the beach and the ocean, or at least the novelty wears off. I would spend most of my free time at the bars with friends, occasionally we'd do something like a beach BBQ or play football but mainly it's drinking. When you're on holiday all that stuff is new and exciting so there's plenty of 'island stuff' to do for you