We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter tour

new bern, nc
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Helicopter tour

Can anyone tell me the best time to reserve a helicopter tour? I'd like to avoid the cruise crowd if possible. It looks like a cruise ship will be there every day we are there, except Sunday, and I'd like to avoid going on Sunday since we will be flying all day on Saturday. Will an afternoon tour be better since most people will be heading back to the cruise ships?

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter tour

I cannot imagine that the cruise crowd goes on the helicopter tour. Contact him and ask.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,317 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter tour

Totally agree with Sue about not worrying about the cruise ship crowd. In any event only a limited number of guests can fly, so you won't be crowded anyway. We did it earlier this year with Gerome (Frenchie) -- absolutely loved it!!! He is delightful, incredibly knowledgeable about the island and one of the nicest people you will ever meet -- that's really something to say about someone who lives and works on an island where in general the people are just plain delightful. We really loved the experience!

new bern, nc
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter tour

Good points. As my husband tells me, i think I'm just so excited that I'm over planning. Thank you for your comments.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,431 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter tour

I have a slightly different take since cruise visitors do indeed take the helicopter tours, tours specifically marketed to them. This is one tour I would try to book in advance so you don't get locked out by having no availability.

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter tour

They used to offer a one way sunset tour to Pappagallo Restaurant in WestBay. Did it once, I am not the best flyer and never go on the rides at the fair. I was a little wobbly when we landed. For folks braver than me it is lots of fun, a great tour, excellent dinner, and a nice limo ride home.

6. Re: Helicopter tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2013, 10:15