We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last minute trip

chicago
Level Contributor
8,827 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
last minute trip

Considering coming next weekend but forecast says 60% chance of storms each day. Does this mean rain all day or just an hour of rain each day?

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: last minute trip

We've had very little rain so far this May. That being said, it rained a bit yesterday morning and this morning and is pretty cloudy now. At this time of year, I would expect rain at some point during the day or night but not usually rain all day the way we do in October. I hope I'm not jinxing anything though by saying that out loud!

chicago
Level Contributor
8,827 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: last minute trip

Ok so the storms are like florida where the usually just last an hour? If so ill book it :)

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: last minute trip

Yes, crazy rain for an hour and then (usually) sun again!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,967 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: last minute trip

The island is flat and so rain clouds tend not to linger. Unless there's a huge storm system visible on radar, you should be fine.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,827 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: last minute trip

Thanks guys! Found a great last minute deal :)

6. Re: last minute trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 05:17