We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions for Honeymooners

Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Suggestions for Honeymooners

We are staying at the Ritz for our honeymoon and would like some suggestions of some restaurants. We are not looking to eat every meal at the Ritz and would like to explore the island restaurants. We are looking for fun casual lunch places, as well as romantic dinner spots!

TN
Level Contributor
438 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Honeymooners

I would suggest Luca for either lunch, dinner or Sunday Brunch. Also Ragazzi (same owner group) for a more casual meal.

Macabuca is a wonderul lunch destination for conch - try the sampler - or the fish and chips. Right on the water !

That said, we had a fabulous dining experience at Blue in the Ritz last month.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Honeymooners

Calypso Grill is my favorite restaurant on island for one of your nice dinners out. I've mentioned it before but I also love Deckers...especially on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights when Hi-Tide are playing. Morgan's Harbour is great for a casual lunch as well.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Honeymooners

I would choose Morgan's Harbour over CG which just doesn't do it for me for the past few years! However, everyone has their own tastes and expectations. I would definitely go to Camana Bay and check it out. Some fab places like Michael's Genuine, Ortanique, Abacus, etc. Didn't get to try the newly opened restaurant there just yet. I too love Luca and Ragazzi, think Sunset House is a great place for lunch or dinner if you go into GT and want something casual. Get some ideas from caymangoodtaste.com and caymanrestaurantguide.com. Have been to both the sushi restaurant and Blue at the RC and they are everything and more than you hear about from food, drinks, service, etc. Pappagallos is also a different but lovely experience and Casanova has always been a top place for us.

Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Honeymooners

Has anyone been to Tiki Beach? My fiance found it online and thought it looked fun but based on some recent reviews I'm skeptical.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Honeymooners

Had drinks at Tiki Beach back when it first opened and all was fine. On a visit last year we attempted to order an early sunset dinner that just never came off. Probably a server issue (she is somewhere else now), but food took over an hour to get served and was mediocre at best.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,948 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Honeymooners

Can't beat Blue at the Ritz, for upscale dining, in my opinion. Second comes Osetra Bay.

Try the restaurants in Camana bay - Michaels, Ortanique are two of my faves there. Alfresco up on the north end of Seven Mile Beach is a casual sit outside right by the water, as is Grande Old House, south of Georgetown, although that is a tad more formal.

I've had good experiences recently with Tiki Beach, both for lunch and dinner and would recommend it - romantic-looking and a great location.

I'm sure I will think of others...

Edited: 21 May 2013, 18:33
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Honeymooners

Restaurants we always go to for dinner are Luca, Ragazzi, Edoardo's, and Casanova. First 3 are all close ro Ritz; Casanova is in Georgetown. Also love Grand Old House! Sunshine Grill is a terrific lunch spot.

8. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Honeymooners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 22:35
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Honeymooners

Ragazzi, Grand Old House, Macabuca, Al Fresco's. All but Ragazzi are on the water, but the lobster penne at Ragazzi is to die for. Happy Honeymoon!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,018 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant Suggestions for Honeymooners

Ditto what others have said and I too would pick Morgan's Harbour over Calypso Grill. For a fun lunch idea, try The Grand Old House. Just a cool location and a good selection of lunch choices.