We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morritt's or Ocean paradise

NJ
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Morritt's or Ocean paradise

Can anyone give me a little run down on Morritt's Tortuga Club and Resort. Will be in GCI 8/3-10. Have reservations at Marriott but they cannot guarantee a room with 2 beds- a little too much of a gamble for Dad/Mom and two teen daughters. I have also learned that they are doing some renovations at the Marriott and the beach is not the best. So.... looking at Morritt's, Ocean and Paradise. I know they are different types of properties so I would like other's opinions. THANKS

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morritt's or Ocean paradise

Not only are they different types of properties, they are in completely different locations than the Marriott. One is on East End, the other in the Rum Point area. I would suggest that you first decide which area of the island would best suit your family then look into condos. The Seven Mile Beach area is considered to be the hub of tourist activities, the East End and North Side/Rum Point areas offer a less congested, more local feel with fewer restaurants, etc. accessible without a car.

How do you and your family see spending your vacation time?

NJ
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morritt's or Ocean paradise

honestly the main thing is using either Amex points or Marriott points. Family is very flexible and leaving it all up to me. We have vacationed at both tourist type places and where we have to make our own go of it and had a fine time at each. As I said, I don't know what would happen if we came down there and were not able to have two beds in our room. BTW- tried the Westin and they only have one bedroom suites with a maximum of one roll a way in the room. I guess you would have to book two rooms there! I know that a two bedroom condo would be the best result but I have the points I need to use and a college tuition to start paying!!!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morritt's or Ocean paradise

this is one of a group of houses and not like a resort.m These are new and looknlike theyvwould be very nice. You would be fairly close to Rum Point and are about 45 minutes from the airport. Large grocery store is about 30 minutes away. here is a very small local grocery close by and 25 minutes away there is a Fosters express which is kind of like a 7/11.

Edited: 05 July 2013, 22:50
Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Morritt's or Ocean paradise

Agree with CaymanShelly about Ocean Paradise. If you stayed there you would have more living “space” and privacy, but would need to drive 5 minutes or so to get to water ops, restaurants, etc. (at Rum Point).

One advantage of Morritt’s is that they have water ops, restaurants and scheduled activities (as does the Reef Resort which is right next door). There is a small grocery story and liquor store across the road from Morritt’s. There is more to do “on site” at Morritt’s, if that is a consideration for you.

5. Re: Morritt's or Ocean paradise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 06:18