We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seven @ Ritz

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Seven @ Ritz

Just a word of warning for anyone that took my recommendation to use Seven as a romantic dining spot. Ignore it. Not only has the menu changed since our visit last August, the entire ambiance(including level of service) is gone. It's our traditional last night place and after waiting 1 hour for appetizers then twice waiting 20-25 minutes for a mixed drink we skipped dessert and are enjoying ice cream cones back in the condo. Feeling very disappointed that the website hadn't shown the changeover when I booked it. Also while caymangoodtaste was showing Friday night as 1/2 priced bottle wine night- it's no longer being honored. Food ranged from very good for some of our party of 8 to cold/cool ribs for 2(me being one). And they were not the 'falling off the bone' as promised. I'll write a review on food in the correct area but mainly this note is to share that the place no longer is what is considered an elegant, fine dining location but is now leaning towards a loud, bar crowd. Our waiter said that it's now comparable to an 'American steakhouse'. I'd say closer to Outback than one of the higher end places.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seven @ Ritz

OH wow, that's a real shame - never got to try it, but it was on the list. Thanks for the heads-up, though!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seven @ Ritz

thanks for the notice filter...we've been several times over the past few years. my wife likes the place more than I do but it was still pretty nice. i'm sorry to hear it's taken a step down...

3. Re: Seven @ Ritz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 06:19