We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Cayman Questions

J O
St. Marys, Georgia
3 posts
Save Topic
Grand Cayman Questions

Hi all...we have been to GC before, but it was 11 years ago. We plan on doing the same things we did before...rent a jeep and explore the island. Only our memories are failing us!

We are only there for one day, looking for a little hole in the wall place to eat that was on the beach, it wasn't a touristy place, it was quiet. Also the place we went snorkeling was quiet....another words, looking for a great place on the water to eat outside, casual, good food, also a place to snorkel. Any helpful ideas are appreciated! Thank you!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,668 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Cayman Questions

Much has changed in 11 years!!!! There are a few places that you can eat and snorkel. My Bar at Sunset House and Macabuca immediately come to mind. This is also possible at Rum Point but I am guessing that you are coming on a cruise and so most of the venues that are public will have lots of "public" as well. Look at the comments to the right about best snorkeling and diving from shore. You could also snorkel one place, go to a little lunch spot and then go snorkel at another spot. Since you are getting the jeep you will have lots more options than those just using cruise or public transport.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Cayman Questions

I love both My Bar & Macabuca, but recognize that neither are on the beach. Great snorkeling + great beach experience may require 2 stops, which if you have a car is quite possible. IMO you can't beat the world famous Seven Mile Beach, so perhaps you might want to consider Cemetery Beach, where you can snorkel although it's not perhaps the best. Then go to nearby Macabuca for a great lunch on the water & fantastic snorkeling right there.

3. Re: Grand Cayman Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:16