We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info for leaving GC

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Info for leaving GC

Will be leaving GC this Sunday, not sure when we should get to airport? Hubby needs to sit or a wheelchair, flight is at 1:30, can someone give me a idea of what time we need to get there, also have to return rental car. Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info for leaving GC

Since you have a special requirement, IMO you should arrive at least 2 hours prior to your flight time. You will be travelling at one of the busiest times of the week. Hopefully the airport staff will assist you. Good luck.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info for leaving GC

I agree. We departed on a Sunday a couple of weeks ago and was surprised at how crowded it was. The security line was wrapped around outside, but you will probably get through the shorter line with the wheelchair. Still it is super congested in the small gate area inside, and was difficult to get through the crowded area.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
793 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info for leaving GC

We will be departing on a Thursday in November and, my husband too, must have a wheelchair. We are going to return the rental car the day before and take a taxi to the airport. How far in advance should we arrive?

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info for leaving GC

Although a Thursday departure is outside of "prime time" I still think being at airport about 2 hours prior to flight is wise. I detest getting to airports too much in advance, ESP when services and comfort of waiting area are lacking as is the case at GCM, yet on balance prefer being there an extra 30 minutes or so vs potential stress of thinking I might face a time crunch:-)

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Info for leaving GC

You could also get to the airport 3-4 hours early, check in for your flight, and then head out for an early lunch. This way, even if it takes an hour to get through security, you wouldn't need to be back to the airport until noon.

6. Re: Info for leaving GC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:17