We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upcoming trip for Oct

South Amboy, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
245 reviews
Save Topic
upcoming trip for Oct

Have questions on whether seven mile beach is within walking distance from Holiday inn grand caymanian also what about shuttles or public transportation

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,317 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: upcoming trip for Oct

I don't know your idea of a "walk" but it would not be mine and I like "taking a walk". Shuttles you would need to ask your hotel about and the buses service would not work between the Grand Caymanian and SMB. The buses do run on the road parallel to SMB up and down to George Town. If I was staying at the Grand Caymanian I would definitely rent a car :). Overall prices are good and the driving is very easy as the locals are very courteous.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: upcoming trip for Oct

It is about 1.5 miles (walking) from the Holiday inn to the beach.

South Amboy, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: upcoming trip for Oct

Thanks for info greatly appreciated

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: upcoming trip for Oct

I agree with Retrip & would not plan to walk to the beach from the Holiday Inn. I also love to "walk" but remember the heat when even considering such an idea.

5. Re: upcoming trip for Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2015, 05:15