We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicago flight cancelled

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
270 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Chicago flight cancelled

I've been checking out Cayman Airways website to plan our Christmas trip to GC. After several calls, I was told that the Chicago route has been cancelled. Has anyone heard if this is definite? The lady told me I could try back in a month or so......does that mean there is a chance that they may schedule a Chicago route? I'm SO disappointed! Anyone heard of any nonstop charters?

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,418 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Chicago flight cancelled

I understand your pain! During the time CAL was flying the ORD/GCM non-stop, we didn't fly any other airline. Even joined the Sir Turtle frequent flyer thingy.

We'll be very disappointed if they don't start up again for the high season. But not surprised, since they were losing a ton of money on this route. I flew more than once with fewer than 20 other people.

CAL has a new chief and they are working hard to reduce the deficit which has to be subsidized by the government.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chicago flight cancelled

They stopped Boston as well. I had heard that they are only allowed a certain number of routes and happily for us the one out of JFK has been reinstated. There is much talk about land based tourism being up, new resorts opening etc., so hopefully more direct flights will be put on to aid in the success of these ventures! If you have a stopover and have a choice, don't pick Miami. Too spread out, busy etc. Good luck!

Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chicago flight cancelled

The route is not cancelled. It's all part of their reinvention or whatever with the new CEO. They are going to publish the schedule sometime soon, and I think I heard they're planning 3 flights per week for the winter season.

Boston is dead, definitely cancelled, not coming back.

4. Re: Chicago flight cancelled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 17:16