We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Margaritaville

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
121 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Margaritaville

I see that Margaritaville has a pool, how is it?

Is there a place (like a locker or something) to put your purse, wallet, etc. if you have a drink in the pool? How is the atmosphere there?

Middleville...
Level Contributor
353 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Margaritaville

I am by no means a prude but when I was there last month it was loud and obnoxious. There is a hype person getting people to chug beer on a stage while cruisers cheer them on. It reminded me of a spring break type place.

I saw the slide and pool but didn't investigate it too much.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,388 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Margaritaville

w-s == my kids went with there friends (ages 22/21/20/18). My son said it was more like the places he was on spring break in Mexico and the DR except it was packed with families from the cruise ships instead of "young adults" (in his mind, the little kids screaming, running & crying were not as much fun as wet t-shirt contests, whipped cream, etc). Said we probably wouldn't like it -- I wasn't really worried as I had no intention of going. You certainly confirmed it for me. To the OP, if it is open on days when little or no ships are in, it might be delightful.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Margaritaville

it's a zoo. we lunched there when cruise ships were not in port & it was being enjoyed by a bunch of wild, untended children and a handful of obnoxious adults.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,388 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Margaritaville

Just curious, have either of you tried Guy Harvey's? We don't usually do "theme" type places. However, I love his pictures and sculptures and his commitment marine life. I wanted to give it a try, but at first for lunch insteading of wasting a dinner when Casanova is just down the road! Thanks

reg

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Margaritaville

we hoped to try Guy Harvey's during our November trip, but were only on the island 5 days and didn't manage to fit it in. Agree it looks enticing & also think lunch a better choice than dinner on the fist visit. Hope to get there in March.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Margaritaville

We stopped in one day to get a drink....HA!..we walked back out....the noise was unreal.....if I'm going to sip on a succulent Margarita, I want to do it in an enjoyable environment......from there we went to the Harley shop and bought a couple of shirts...it was very quiet in the Harley shop.;)

retrip,

What and where is Guy Harvey's?

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,388 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Margaritaville

I don't know if you know who Guy Harvey is. I first came across his work (art) in the Florida keys (although I didn't know at the time that the pictures leaving Cayman on the walls at immigration are his work). I think his stuff is great! When I did a Stingray City dive course, I was introduced to the work he is doing there and have had a chance to see some of their research first hand! Then I learned about other work with sharks and other marine life and was amazed! You can learn about him at http://www.guyharveyinc.com/newstingray.shtml and also at the nova websites. Anyway, he opened a restuarant in GT near the harbor front. I'm hoping it wouldn't be a tourist trap as that doesn't seem to be what he is about!

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
270 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Margaritaville

My family thought about stopping at Margaritaville on our last trip. There were several cruise ships in town. It was so loud and packed with people, we picked a different place for lunch.

We did have fun there on prior trips, but we were there when the cruise ships were not. It is MUCH different on those days.

I guess Margaritaville is just like some of the other places that we like to visit, it is best when the cruise ships are not in.

Santiago
Level Contributor
207 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Margaritaville

We are regular visitors to Grand Cayman and always enjoy investigating new restaurants, as well as revixiting our favourites. Margaritaville is not a good addition to Grand Cayman, unless you really like a noisy and cheap looking environment, Guy Harveys restaurant on the other hand is very good. Their Seafood Boullabaise, as well as the fresh snapper were truly memorable. We will definitely be returning to this restaurant. We went in the evening and had a table on the outside terrace with a lovely view of the harbour. The manager is French and very caring of his guests wellbeing.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Margaritaville

Gamela,

How do they prepare the fresh snapper?