We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is one week too long ?

birmingham, mi
Level Contributor
164 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Is one week too long ?

Hi All- I am looking at staying at the Ritz for seven days in mid october with my family of 4 chilren ages 1. 5. 7. 9 and my wife ( and a nanny ) I am sold on the beach and the pool- but I am worried that we could get bored over 7 days- For perspective the last 2 years we did Hawaii ( Big Island and Maui ) but the wife does not want to fly that far ( we live in michigan ) BUT I am concerned about activities since Hawaii has all that sight seeing

We do enjoy snorkeling, swimming and love eating at good places ! So we would hope there are good restaraunts -

We are also looking at Atlantis BUT I want to enjoy my trip too and I am afraid that place is just too busy and too crowded

Thoughts ?

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Is one week too long ?

My kids are 8,9, and 10 and we had a blast for a week. We did the Turtle Farm one day, we did Sting Ray City another day. We also went to the Queen's Botanical Garden and Butterfly Farm (although a bit boring for kids). We drove To the east side and had fun touring the Pirate caves over there. Cheap, fun, and they have a little zoo/petting zoo of sorts. We did Rum Point one day, although a bit of a drive. The highlight was the Jolly Roger pirate ship ride. Its a two hour boat ride where they let you act like real pirates. They make the kids swab the deck and they can fire the boats cannon which was a highlight. The captain even let the kids drive the ship! There is also the Atlantis Submarine and the Black Pearl Skate and Surf park which we didn't do, but its there if you want to try it. All this in addition to the incredible beach! So you can see there is plenty to keep kids occupied - at least your 7,5, and 9 yr. old. Hope that helps!

32. Re: Is one week too long ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 23:15
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman