We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morritts Tortuga Club or Morritts Grand

Airdrie Alberta...
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Morritts Tortuga Club or Morritts Grand

We will be traveling to GC Feb.20th. We have made an RCI exchange to stay at Morritts Tortuga Club. I understand that the resort now has new building called the Grand.Seeing that it is a newer building, would it be worth oue while to try to see if we could change our rooms to the Grand building ? If we cannot change, can anyone recommend a unit # or building in the Tourtuga that may be the best?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
366 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morritts Tortuga Club or Morritts Grand

The Grand is right next to the Tortuga. They basically share the property and facilities. I have stayed in both the Grand and the Tortuga and thought that they were very similar. All of the Grand units are waterfront, whereas some of the Tortuga are poolside. You can go on their website to see the unit numbers.

Enjoy.

Bayonne, NJ
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morritts Tortuga Club or Morritts Grand

Hello, Whaack - My husband and I will be staying at the same place next January, also using and RCI exchange. I'd be interested to hear about your experience both at the Club and on the island. Please post back with your thoughts and recommendations once you return from your trip.

Thanks. Kandpmcc

Kansas City
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Morritts Tortuga Club or Morritts Grand

Morritts Torgua Club and Morritts Grand are two different timeshare entities which share one property and amenities/services. The new building at Morritts Tortuga is the Wembley Seaside Building which just opened in July 2007. Although I do not know firsthand, I have heard that RCI exchanges for Tortuga are placed in the poolside buildings thereby reserving the ocean/seadside buildings for timeshare owners. I have also heard that if ocean/seaside units are available, exchangers can upgrade merely for the asking. All RCI exchanges to the Morritts Grand will be in one building (there currently is only one building for that entity), which is ocean/seaside. As far as Tortuga vs. Grand, Grand is a bit more "upscale" than Tortuga, but I can't recall the specific differences. I just recall when my husband and I purchased our timeshare in the new Tortuga Seaside building, in our opinion, the differences were not significant enough to pay so much more for the Grand. As far as units go, they are assigned by Friday to Friday, Saturday to Saturday and Sunday to Sunday. Depending when you arrive will determine which unit you will get. In any case, wherever you stay, the Morritts property is lovely and wonderful -- when it is not trying to recover from a hurricane :)!

Level Contributor
1,687 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Morritts Tortuga Club or Morritts Grand

We also did an RCI exchange into the Grand for Feb 28 for 7 nights. We will be taking a 13, 14, and 17 with us...any near by activities/or place you would recommend where there will be other teens?

5. Re: Morritts Tortuga Club or Morritts Grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 17:18