We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from Airport

topeka, ks
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Taxi fare from Airport

How much per person is the taxi fare from the airport to the Marriott? Also will the driver stop at the grocery store on the way to the Marriott? Thanks. My family will be there August 1-9 for my 40th birthday celebration............

Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from Airport

I thought someone said ~$30 to most hotels. We'll be going to the Marriott next week, and we'll let you know how much it turns out to be.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,357 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from Airport

The taxi should be around 30 dollars, but there will be a waiting fee at the grocery store, etc. The prices from the aiport to the hotels are fixed and I have never, ever had a driver in GC try to rip me off which cannot be said of many other places including the good old USofA!

Frisco, TX
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from Airport

We are headed to Cayman in July & I was wondering the same thing. Does the Marriott offer private limo service? We've stayed at the JW in Cancun previously & they have offered this. Also, does anyone have the contact info or email address for the concierge or General Manager for the Marriott? Please post your review of your stay & any suggestions. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,357 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fare from Airport

Don't think the Marriott has a limo service (they are not many on the island aside from the Governor's). The RC does (did) have a service. It is a very safe friendly island with cab drivers who are not looking to rip off tourists. In addition, driving rental cars in Cayman does not come with some of the same problems that can occur in Mexico. You can easily google Grand Cayman Marriott and there is a ton of contact info. Have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott...
5,660 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Governor's Beach
Governor's Beach
580 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,357 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fare from Airport

marriott.com/hotels/…

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi fare from Airport

njwilson, I haven't used their services but here's a link. Caribbean Club will arrange limo service for their guests but I'm not sure if they use this company but odds are they do.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
636 Reviews
Grand Cayman
NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi fare from Airport

Here's 2:

www.limo.ky

http://www.grandcaymantours.net/limos/

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi fare from Airport

there would be little need for a private limo service option from Marriott in GC since it is a very safe island and from Marriott to many venues an easy walk or very short drive via rental car or taxi.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
51 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi fare from Airport

when we stayed at the Westin it was $25.00 for the taxi from the airport.

Mentioned in this post
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman...
546 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Long Island
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi fare from Airport

Cheaky44, was that recently that you stayed at the Westin? We are staying there too and I was wondering about cab fare. Is that in Cayman Dollars or US? Can we pay with US? Tip included? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman...
546 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands