We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rum Cake Tip

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
341 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Rum Cake Tip

I have just returned from Grand Cayman and thought I would share something I learned. Rum cakes of all sizes are sold in Kirk's grocery store (probably Fosters too), and they are considerably cheaper than those sold elsewhere. For example, the smallest size of rum cake costs $4 Cayman dollars in George Town. At the grocery store, it costs but $3. Wish I had known that before I purchased all my souvenirs down town.

NJ
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rum Cake Tip

Thanks for the tip, I am head there next month and I intend to purchase rum cakes!

emeraldisle,nc
Level Contributor
159 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rum Cake Tip

Hey,

Cost u less also has Tortuga rum cake for sale. Usually it is the little guys in a three pack. Not sure of the price but it is worth checking!

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rum Cake Tip

I usually buy mine at Hurley's on Wednesdays (10% off everything!).

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,313 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rum Cake Tip

We usually travel with only carry-ons and have a large group at home waiting for their rum cakes. I order them and have them shipped (they usually get here before I get home) so it works for me. However, Cost-U-Less also has great prices on not only the cakes, but also the hot sauces if you want to carry them.

Williamsport...
Level Contributor
417 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rum Cake Tip

North Side Sue:

10% off everything at Hurley's on Wed.

EVERYTHING??

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Rum Cake Tip

Yes, everything! It's their customer appreciation day.

7. Re: Rum Cake Tip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman