We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Reef Resort and their management

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Reef Resort and their management

My wife and I chose to go to The Reef for several reasons. The first being the incredible deal on the room, $79US per night. The second, the location was what we were looking for. Third, after reading countless reviews, it seemed as though the management was very interested in acknowledging a traveler who had a less than enjoyable experience. After spending a week at The Reef I realize that I was wrong about their concern for their guest's opinions of the resort. Our review was posted about three weeks now and we have had no response from the hotel management. There were small issues that, for the most part could be overlooked but what could not possibly be forgotten was the public humiliation we endured at the hands of the time share salesman. After the 3 days of badgering we put up with to sign the time share contract, we decided not to. At which time we asked if they wanted the special card key given to us, as potential owners that entitled us to a 10% discount at the resort. My wife was told "no, keep it and continue to use it". The next day, the salesman, Mr. Penn approached us while we were sitting at the bar, in the company of other guests, and requested the keys be returned. That was extremely humiliating. I had no problem with returning them, only it should have handled privately and not be made into a public spectacle. After discussing it with the sales director, we were promised "gifts" that we never saw

Several attempts had been made to get the resort management to acknowledge the incident since returning home, but none have been successful.

So if you decide to stay there, take my advice, if you are not interested in the time share, don't even bother listening to the pitch. It will be the most high pressure sales pitch you have ever heard and they want you to make a decision right then. That is not conducive to the total relaxation they try so hard to encourage.

31. Re: The Reef Resort and their management

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2010, 05:15