We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Front Rooms at the Ritz

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Front Rooms at the Ritz

Hi everybody! I got a really great deal on an oceanfront room at The Ritz for a week in July. For those that have stayed in one, are the oceanfront rooms all really oceanfront? When checking in, is there a certain part of the Ocean Tower that I should try to request?Hubby and I are celebrating our 40th bdays and I want it to be special!

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Front Rooms at the Ritz

I think there are some better views because some rooms I've had were definitely more 'ocean front' than others. I would recommend you call them in advance and let them know of this special occassion, they should look after you. Also, if you wish to organise something special in terms of dining at the hotel shoot me a PM, I can find out from my friends what can be done.

If you got a very good deal, I can only assume the hotel isn't looking at a high capacity so you should be able to talk your way to a decent upgrade. Good luck!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Front Rooms at the Ritz

Can't help with the room location but will share acquaintances mentioned it was their 20th anniversary at checkin and were treated very well(obviously can't guarantee it'll happen for you but they put out rose petals in the bedroom, sent up a bottle and fruit tray). It was their first stay at the Ritz on the island and they loved it! I think even with restaurants if you mention when making reservations that it's your joint birthdays, they will do something special for you. You could always have dinner under a cabana at 7 for a special evening. Have fun.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Front Rooms at the Ritz

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with an ocean front room at the Ritz. We went in January and had a fabulous time...gorgeous hotel, beautiful beach, lots to do, and easy walks to a number of little local shops. Superb food at the Ritz and so many other places.

Woodway
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Front Rooms at the Ritz

may I ask how you got a good deal on an ocean front room at the ritz?

Woodway
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Front Rooms at the Ritz

may I ask how you got a good deal on an ocean front room at the ritz?

6. Re: Ocean Front Rooms at the Ritz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2010, 08:30
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman