We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Tropicana-Tours

Tennessee
Level Contributor
405 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Info on Tropicana-Tours

Can anyone tell me about the Tropicana-Tours. It sounds good but has anyone ever toured with them. We will be on a ship and want a reasonable tour of the Island. They have a 2 1/2 hr West Bay Highlights for $31.25. Does that sound good or what?

Mentioned in this post
Tropicana Tours
Tropicana Tours
72 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Cayman Native Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on Tropicana-Tours

What are the 'highlights' you'd be seeing? What is included?

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on Tropicana-Tours

http://www.tropicana-tours.com/tours.html

I've only used them for airport transportation.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on Tropicana-Tours

This is what their site says is included:

*See the Capital - Georgetown

*Caribbean Arts & Crafts

*Conch Shell House

*Tortuga Rum Shoppe

*Points of Interest Along 7 Mile Beach

*A Visit to "Hell"

This is not a" tour of the island" by any stretch of the imagination.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info on Tropicana-Tours

NSS, what they've listed and you posted are what they call their "2 1/2 Hour West Bay Highlights". For $30 something CI? No way. You could easily do this by renting a car for a few hours on your own clock.

"Tortuga Rum Shoppe", is like saying they'll bring to the store to go shopping - that's all that would be. There is a Torutuga Rum Shoppe right at the port.

I'd definately skip it.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Info on Tropicana-Tours

If I were staying on the island it doesn't seem reasonable but if I were on a cruise ship I'd consider it. They have specific tours and this particular one is only for West Bay highlights which is offered. I've taken tours on a few vacations and sometimes it's alot of fun if you get the right guide. Obviously you can do the sightseeing on your own by taking cabs but that certainly can add up. I honestly don't know how easy it is to rent a car when visiting by cruise ship---in regards to time frame and location of car rental agencies and even pricing. Guess anything's possible if you know before visiting exactly where to go.

The original pricing was in US not CI. If you go that route the pricing on their website for that tour is $28.25 US bc they take 10% off for ordering online. Perhaps it'd better to book through them than with the cruise ship.

Good luck deciding!

Edited: 04 May 2010, 15:42
Mentioned in this post
West Bay
West Bay
Grand Cayman
6. Re: Info on Tropicana-Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman