We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody been to Tukka on the East End

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,118 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody been to Tukka on the East End

Brand new restaurant wondering how the food is.

Native fusion??

Thanks,

B.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody been to Tukka on the East End

It just openede after I left. Saw on Facebook that Steve (of Ocean Frontiers) went and enjoyed. He will probably post here about it.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,509 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody been to Tukka on the East End

"For Islanders, think of Calypso Grill in East End." (from the article)

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let this be at least half true

compasscayman.com/caycompass/…

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody been to Tukka on the East End

Testudo

Sure sounds good in the article. If you get there before we do, which I'm sure you will, be sure to let us know how it is.

In the article they talk about the viewing the moon rising and I have to say, it is an amazing site!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody been to Tukka on the East End

I'm excited to get to Tukka. While I find the food at CG to be delish...I still, still, still find the atmosphere to be quite lacking; just do not see the appeal of sitting out on a deck that over looks (and smells) the marina. Hoping that Tukka can beat it. Good Luck Tukka!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody been to Tukka on the East End

what is CG?---oops just figured out it was Calypso Grill--I was trying to figure out what began with CG on our side of the island and I was at a loss.

I enjoy sitting on the deck when the weather is cooperative and haven't noticed the marina odors--the last few times it's been pretty windy and we've eaten indoors.

Edited: 10 October 2010, 03:55
New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody been to Tukka on the East End

Shelly,

I've must had bad luck with my visits there because I think I'm the only person on the forum that has ever had a complaint. The food is outrageous - I don't argue that - that's why I've gone back. I've not ever sat inside; insisting that while I'm away on holiday - I'll eat under the stars while I can, plus the inside seems to be way too crowded when they're having a busy night. My last two visits, the marina was crowded with folks buzzing in and around the water on their jet skis, and people messing with their boat motors (where the smells come from). As far as the wind...I'd never complain about that...just be prepared for it like I was - brought a ponytail holder and wear capris or a long skirt I can stuck between my knees. I guess for the prices, I'd expect a little more serenity when I'm dining.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anybody been to Tukka on the East End

If we get a table inside, it's usually right where the doors are open to the patio--it's almost like being outside. Well I guess we're lucky that we've never had the jet ski experience there--that wouldn't be too pleasant. Jet skiis are definitely an annoyance if you're not the person on them. Speaking of annoying sounds, I have to say that I find the helicopter tours kind of an annoying sound as you're sitting quietly on the beach somewhere---oh well--guess I'll have to put up with it.

Cayman islands
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Anybody been to Tukka on the East End

Had Sunday brunch at Tukka yesterday and was really disappointed.

The buffet just looked like the food had been thrown together with whatever had been left in the resturants freezer and cupboards.

The sushi was served at room temperature, displayed on a plate with flies hovering around them.

The Main course consisted of rice and beans, jerk chook (which was baked chicken legs) warmed frozen veg (you know those packets of mix veg – peas carrots corn you get from Fosters) mahi mahi and meat balls. I think you were expected to eat all of them with the rice and beans.

The atmosphere was great but a $87.00 (buffet for 2 with 2 drinks) for potential food poisoning and definite gut ache is a joke.

My husband and I concluded that we could have had the same meal at Nadine’s in East End (granted we would have to sit in one of the Cabana’s on the beach) for $20ci.

Never again!!!!!!

Edited: 11 October 2010, 15:42
Grand Cayman
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Anybody been to Tukka on the East End

Great location.. always was, but a super spot on sunday with a really reasonable brunch spread! Bit pricy for dinner, but you can always ask for the Aussie Burger or Steak & Mushroom pie from the lunch menu! It's still new enough for customer service to count rather than relying on reputation! ;o)

Madison, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Anybody been to Tukka on the East End

Just got back from GC and we ate dinner 3 time while we were there. The food was wonderful. It's only been open for about 3 weeks but I would absolutely go again. We spend less there for dinner than we did at the Lighthouse (which was terrible).