We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seven Mile Beach

Waterloo, New York
2 posts
Save Topic
Seven Mile Beach

We will be visiting Grand Cayman via Princess cruise ship. There is an excursion to Seven Mile Beach that includes transportation, a drink and a lounge chair. The cost is $29 per person. Can you take a taxi from the disembarkment point to the beach cheaper than this? What is the cost to rent a chair?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seven Mile Beach

I believe the chairs at Royal Palms are free to use, a drink there would be about $4 for a beer or $5/6 for a well, more for the frozen drinks. A taxi would be around $10 from George Town so it would come out to around half I would say. Also, sometimes with these coupons they give you a weak pre-mixed cocktail that is a bit useless anyway so I would go by yourself. If you don't want a taxi, the bus option is always available too, at $2 each way per person

Waterloo, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seven Mile Beach

Is the transportation around the other parts of the island readily available and reliable? What is better, taxi or bus? We will have limited time on the island and would like to cram as much as possible, but don't want the hassle of not being able to get where we need to be due to poor transportatoin system. Also, do they take American cash or do we need to exchange money?

Thank you for your advice!

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seven Mile Beach

Check under the "TOP QUESTIONS about Seven Mile Beach" section of this page for answers to your queries.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seven Mile Beach

Here's the price sheet for Royal Palms if that's where the cruise ship would drop you. Chair rental is $10 per day.

http://www.reefgrill.com/watersports.html

There is another location further up SMB that also may be a drop off point. As I type, can't think of the name!

Yes to using US $.

Edited: 09 January 2011, 16:42
caymanbeachgirl
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Seven Mile Beach

Tiki Beach Bar

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,299 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seven Mile Beach

we drove past Tiki beach last week at least 3 times when ships were in, not a crowded place.

7. Re: Seven Mile Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2012, 15:18