We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything to do in Grand Caymen??

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anything to do in Grand Caymen??

Hi first time to Grand Caymen going on a cruise to "try it out" will be there 7:30 am to 3:pm not much to offer on shore excursions- would rather avoid them if possible anyway. Having a hard time finding anything. Can anybody advise on: ** a nice soft white beach w clear water, possibly water sports- jet ski, kayak etc. -- good food and drinks-----shopping---- taxi costs, entrance fees, and anything else worth knowing. We have no kids with us, mid 40s- ok shape. definate beach people. THANKS!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anything to do in Grand Caymen??

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147364-i260-k3180…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147367-i321-k3306…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147365-i261-k3125…

Also, it's Grand Cayman, not Caymen. Browsing the threads above will answer all your questions

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anything to do in Grand Caymen??

There is lots of information for you in the Top Question, to the right of the forum page, about beach activities for cruise passengers.

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
270 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anything to do in Grand Caymen??

I think you may enjoy Reef Grill/Royal Palms. They have good food and drinks and sit on a beautiful beach. There is also a swimming pool and rentals there. They have a website that should be able to give you the info you are looking for. We love it here. The only downside is it could be VERY crowded if there are too many cruise ships in on the day you come in. www.reefgrill.com

Tiki Beach is a newer place that I was at once. I heard good things from a friend. Not sure if they have a website or not. Maybe someone can give you more info on this place.

Have fun!!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anything to do in Grand Caymen??

Thanks anyway, but the top question is about the weather, nothing even further down about what I was asking for. I've also already looked through the threads. I wouldn't want to waste anybody's time by asking something that has already been asked recently. But thanks for the advise, and the spell check!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anything to do in Grand Caymen??

WOW! thanks for the info, I've heard of Tiki beach, but haven't been able to find a whole lot about it other than what the cruise ship offered. I would much rather give my money to the people and not the ship. I'll keep looking to see if I can find something. I'll also check into Reef Grill/Royal Palms. that might just be the ticket!

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anything to do in Grand Caymen??

Can anybody advise on: ** a nice soft white beach w clear water, possibly water sports- jet ski, kayak etc. -- good food and drinks

I thought that the Top Question " which beaches are best for cruise ship passengers" would be helpfull. It does contain a lot of usefull information, seemed that was what you were asking about.

Edited: 15 February 2011, 01:33
7. Re: Anything to do in Grand Caymen??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2012, 02:16