We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I really need to be a guest to play golf at the Ritz?

Oceanside, New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Do I really need to be a guest to play golf at the Ritz?

I know what I am reading but how enforceable is it?

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,389 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I really need to be a guest to play golf at the Ritz?

Hey, if you freeload on your local country club's private course and the dues paying members don't mind, maybe those paying to stay at the Ritz won't mind either?

But seriously, if you really want to play the course the proper thing to do is ask if they will permit non-guests to play on a certain day or time (maybe it is slow and they don't mind) or befriend a guest staying at the Ritz.

GC
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
633 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I really need to be a guest to play golf at the Ritz?

Yes you must be a guest to play.

Why do you want to play this course?

North Sound Club is a far better course, and a full 18 holes

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I really need to be a guest to play golf at the Ritz?

Tom, some 'visitor' perspective to share about the golf course. My husband has always been a fan of Safehaven then North Sound but last August he was very disappointed in the upkeep of the course. He didn't even golf in January when we visited which was a major thing for him(had always golfed daily during our visits to GC). He has always thought Brittania was just 'okay'. He wondered whether North Sound Club is letting it go as far as upkeep since it's just a matter of time before Ritz takes it over or does away with it(if that's still the plan---admittedly haven't kept up on that news). So while it may seem odd for someone to ask about the Ritz course, even my husband wanted to consider staying at the Ritz just for the benefit of golfing on the course. I'm just not willing to give up the condo life and keeping fingers crossed that his experience will be better next time.

4. Re: Do I really need to be a guest to play golf at the Ritz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 09:20