We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the anchorage and hurricane policies

memphis, tn
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
the anchorage and hurricane policies

we are due to arrive on the 10th of july. i have tried to contact the condo about their hurricane policy just in case and haven't heard back from anyone. also, the link that i used to view the condo on homeaway.com has been removed. can anyone tell me if this place still exists and perhaps their hurricane policy? not that we should be worried, but it is hurricane season right?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the anchorage and hurricane policies

Yes, it still exists. I would suggest calling them directly with your questions. Email responses from the island can be very slow, at times.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,091 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the anchorage and hurricane policies

I totally second kiddos. E-mail is not the to conduct business on many islands (and in many countries for that matter -- just had an awful time with Italy)! A few cents for a phone call would give you tons of peace of mind. We have been on the island for a few storms and immediately thereafter. If damage is in any way a possibility all visitors are flown off the island. Cayman Airways was unreal in for Hurricane Dean taking care of other carriers passengers!!!!

memphis, tn
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the anchorage and hurricane policies

i have tried to call, but keep getting a voicemail. maybe i am calling too late in the afternoon. will try again. thanks! i noticed some tropical activity in the gulf and got a little nervous.

GC
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
706 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the anchorage and hurricane policies

Are you using the contact information on this web site?

http://www.theanchoragecayman.com/

memphis, tn
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the anchorage and hurricane policies

Yep. I will try again in the morning.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the anchorage and hurricane policies

The office hours are 9-5 during the week, 8-12 on Saturday and closed on Sunday. Sometimes, when Judi the manager is not in the office, she has fill-in staff who are nice but not real sharp. Cayman is on Standard time, not Daylight Savings Time, so that might make a difference.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the anchorage and hurricane policies

oops, 9-12 on Saturday.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
550 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the anchorage and hurricane policies

I called a few times with different questions and Judy always got right back with me, they were so nice to us when we were there in May. If you are calling from the US call 813-333-6532, it is on their web site. Have a nice visit we loved the Island and the Anchorage.

memphis, tn
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the anchorage and hurricane policies

Thanks so much everyone. I think I have just been calling too late in the afternoon. I will try to call in the morning instead. I am so excited about or trip. Just want to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row. ;0)

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: the anchorage and hurricane policies

Here is the report from Cayman weatherwatch

First named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season

Tropical Storm Arlene has formed in the southwest Gulf of Mexico. This storm poses no current threat to the Cayman Islands, and is moving away from the Cayman Islands.

A Tropical Storm warning has been issued for parts of Mexico.