We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone stayed at babylon reef house??

Columbus, Ohio
6 posts
Save Topic
anyone stayed at babylon reef house??

hello- we are planning a quick trip to the caymans and were wondering if anyone has stayed at the babylon reef house and what you thought? we've never stayed in the caymans before and don't know our way around. is it to far for a quick bite to eat at rum point? heard the snorkeling is amazing out back! is it a totally safe area? please let me know your thoughts. -L

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,566 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone stayed at babylon reef house??

Not stayed there but snorkel by it often. Dinning options are (guesstimates on time):

Over the Edge 5 minutes West

Diftwoods 10 minutes West

Rum Point 15 Minutes West

Kaibo 16 minutes West

Restuarants at Morritts and the Reef Resorts 15 minutes east

Tukka 16 minutes East

The Light House 12 minutes South

South Coast Bar & Grill 12 minutes South

Safe area, but no where is totally safe. Not much in the surroundings other than some neighboring homes. Beach is OK for sunning, with little pockets of sand, many areas of sand and coral/rock with lots of washed up seagrass. But the snorkeling is divine.

…blogspot.com/2011/01/snorkel-guide-queens-m…

Columbus, Ohio
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone stayed at babylon reef house??

thanks for your post! how does the home look from the water?

Columbus, Ohio
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone stayed at babylon reef house??

i know we are on a grand cayman forum but do your recommend any other islands over gc for snorkeling? we usually head to st barts but the snorkeling isn't great. been to gbarrier reef so we've seen the best! i know nothing will compare to that. just want to see some cool stuff.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,566 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone stayed at babylon reef house??

There is a picture of the home from the water on the link above.

St. John is the only other Caribbean island I have been to that compares to Grand Cayman for from shore snorkeling. I have not been to Bonaire or the Bay Islands (Honduras/Belize) which I expect are as good or better.

In the Caribbean I have snorkeled: Anguilla, Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, the BVI (Anegada, Jost Van Dyke and Virgin Gorda), Curacao, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Riviera Maya, St. Kiits & Nevis, the Grenadines (Tobago Cays were great, but need to boat there), St. John, Turks & Caicos (Provo).

Edited: 29 June 2011, 14:48
Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone stayed at babylon reef house??

There are photos here:

www.grandcaymanvillas.net/Babylonreef.htm

Columbus, Ohio
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone stayed at babylon reef house??

i just wanted to thank all of you for your help!

7. Re: anyone stayed at babylon reef house??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 00:18