We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great photographer

Victoria,TX
Level Contributor
31 posts
317 reviews
Save Topic
Great photographer

If you want a family photo taken on the beach, while in Grand Cayman, let me suggest Heather Holt. Our family of 6 did beach shots with her and they were WONDERFUL. We have a 31/2 year old and a 15 month old and she was great with them. She is very patient and takes some amazing shots. To contact her, go to www.heatherholt.com

We just got our photos in today, and I cannot stop looking at them! A true memory of our wonderful trip!

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,888 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great photographer

What a nice recommendation from you. I bet the photographs are stunning.

Warwick, New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great photographer

Definately don't want to take anything away from Heather Holt, but I was just about to post a similar thread about Fevi Yu (www.fevisyu.com). Figured its easier to put the threads together. Please forgive me...

We had a similar experience to cooker72's last week. I had exchanged emails with Fevi before our trip. She's pretty chill. I like her style.... Good sense of humor. She was great with our kids and a lot of fun. We got TONS of great photos from our hour-long session at Gov'ners Beach. Her signature is jump shots... check out her Web site to see what I mean.

I dare you to not have fun whilst taking part in one of her photo shoots. If you find that you don't in fact have any fun whatsoever on a Fevi jump shot photo shoot (and can come to the town where I live), I'll gladly buy you a drink.

As she writes on her Web site, there's lots of photographers to pick from (even in Grand Cayman), and the best one for you is one that you best connect with. Heather's gallery has some incredible stuff, and again, I'm not saying she doesn't do amazing work. Just tossing out another recommendation.

Grand Cayman
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Great photographer

MPaint I have a question for you... how do I even live up to that kind of review? :-) Thank you so much! I will be smiling for 2 days straight and will probably look like one of those crazy people smiling all by themselves.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
213 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great photographer

Wanted to chime in here and thank cooker72 for the recommendation! We used Heather this week to take family portraits while we visited Grand Cayman. She had our disc back to us the day before we departed, and the pictures turned out wonderfully! She was delightful to work with -- very professional, yet comfortable enough that my 7-yr old talked her ear off. ;) I'm very, uh, humidity-sensitive (despite living on the Gulf Coast; go figure). I was worried that I'd look like a big, sweaty mess toward the end of our shoot, but Heather somehow pulled it off. I couldn't possibly be more thrilled with our experience. And we're pretty seasoned at the outdoor family portrait thing.

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Great photographer

What a great recommendation! Can you give me an idea of cost?

Thanks!

Julie

6. Re: Great photographer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 January 2012, 00:35
7. Re: Great photographer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2013, 10:17