We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving on Grand Cayman

Jackson, Tennessee
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving on Grand Cayman

If I have the story straight, the Pilgrims did not land in Georgetown on Thanksgiving week. We, on the other hand will. We have been staying at Morritt's at various times for years. We have never been to GCM during Thanksgiving. Is there anything special going on then or anyplace that offers overweight Americans special dinners? Any insight would be helpful!

Edited: 07 September 2011, 19:32
Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving on Grand Cayman

Hahah!

Thanksgiving is for Cayman the first taste of the upcoming high season (starting just before Christmas).

Usually this is a very busy weekend on island. Hotels, Condos, Restauarants will be fully booked if you do not book in advance. So- be an early bird! A lot of restaurants offer traditional Thanksgiving dinner- contact them and find out what they offer!

I suggest to get in touch with the restaurants at Camana Bay (they most likely have fireworks,.....) e.g. Ortanique, Michaels Genuie, Abacus,..

The Ritz has also always great events happening....

Also check out Pirate's Week- always a lot of fun for every age!

I hope that helped.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,839 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving on Grand Cayman

We went to Tukka on the East End last year for Thanksgiving. They did have the traditional turkey dinner on the menu. We opted for lobster. Seemed more appropriate.

B

Jackson, Tennessee
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving on Grand Cayman

Thanks for the help! Any other special stuff going on in town that you noticed?. I would hate to end up staying at the condo and watching that crazy English kinda baseball looking stuff where they dress in white, all night

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,839 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving on Grand Cayman

All sorts of great stuff going on. Snorkleing, Diving, chilling on the beach , swimming in the pool, drinking Caybrew. I didn't even know they had TV in Grand Cayman.. :)

Thanksgiving is pretty much on non-event on the EE.

B

5. Re: Thanksgiving on Grand Cayman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 03:16