We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grandview or Treasure Island

STUART, FL
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Grandview or Treasure Island

Anyone had experience with these places? I have a choice between a 3rd floor at Grandview or 2nd floor at TI. I am a light and late sleeper so I worry about noise above, but the TI unit seems to be closer to ocean with a better view. The Grandview unit has been updated, has wifi in the unit and I like that the pool is so close to the ocean, but the balcony is screened in rather than open. TI unit has really dated kitchen and no internet(although I hear there is wifi by pool bar - and I need to do some work via internet so this may be a problem) but has a nice size open balcony. I will be traveling by myself for most of the trip and cooking in most meals, so I will be in the unit itself more than if I was with my DH. Any thoughts?

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grandview or Treasure Island

Have not been to TI, but have been to Grandview. Grandview was really nice and well appointed, close to Georgetown, but the beach had a lot of ironshore to deal with. Many years ago though, perhaps the beach has changed.

STUART, FL
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grandview or Treasure Island

I am a snorkeler, so don't mind the ironshore. I know I can walk north a bit for a more sandy beach. Did the screened in porch feel too enclosed as compared to an open balcony?

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grandview or Treasure Island

Grandview, hands down.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grandview or Treasure Island

I don't know about those 2 particular complexes, but I much prefer a screened in balcony and have always had one where we've stayed.

STUART, FL
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grandview or Treasure Island

Northside Sue: Why, please explain?

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Grandview or Treasure Island

Smaller 3 story complex. Nicer beach with good snorkeling. Both are fine, though.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grandview or Treasure Island

I think some folks prefer the screened in porch to keep out the bugs at night.

8. Re: Grandview or Treasure Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 20:20
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman