We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pirates week

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
pirates week

Visiting Grand Cayman coinciding with Pirate's Week this year. Looking forward to the fun and festivities. Anyone care to share about their experiences during that week? What was the best, what to avoid?

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: pirates week

I have been a couple times, but never ventured to any of the events in George Town. I loved going to the District Days in North Side, East End and Bodden Town. Good music, good food, traditional Cayman crafts and lots of friendly people!

Orlando, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pirates week

I've been going every year for about 15 years. Go to the Pirate invasion and all the events...its a blast.

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
215 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pirates week

We are coming in on the 19th - I've heard there are fireworks on the 20th? Anyone care to comment on typical time, place, and quality of said fireworks? We'll be staying in East End, not sure if we'll want to drive in to see them.

Thanks!

STUART, FL
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pirates week

I will be staying at the Grandview on the 20th. Will I be able to see the fireworks from the beach there?

Williamsport...
Level Contributor
417 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pirates week

when is pirate week?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: pirates week

According to their web site, it will be November 8 - 18, 2012.

BKK
Level Contributor
553 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pirates week

Don't even think of going to the pirates trial the last day, simpily long and boring.

The band only plays for about an hour after the trial, then everyone basically stands around doing nothing.

The cardboard boat races the last day are fun to watch, but it is to hot in Georgetown.

I would give the last day fireworks a miss.

8. Re: pirates week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2013, 10:16