We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for places to hear live caribbean/island music

Naperville
Level Contributor
410 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for places to hear live caribbean/island music

Does anyone know of places that a family with kids can enjoy listening to live music? We are not interested in bars since we wouldn't take our kids there. Looking for family entertainment!

Thanks.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,572 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for places to hear live caribbean/island music

I can't think of many places that wouldn't have a band with a little bit of a bar scene . . . for these places the money is in selling drinks not sodas. That said over the years when our kids were young we went to many places with music . . . where the drinking wasn't hard core. Are you looking for a place in GC. There is the Barefoot Man on the east end I think always now, there are groups like Hi Tide, you can check out which venues on which nights they are . . . certainly used to play at Deckers where you could have dinner and enjoy them. Some nights there is local talent (some really good) at The Lone Star -- instead of hanging at the outside bar, you could get a table away from the bar. You can look at restaurants at caymanrestaurantguide.com and caymangoodtaste.com and they might show you what nights have what entertainment. Love to hear what you find out!

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for places to hear live caribbean/island music

Check out Caymana Bay for some family friendly evening entertainment. Wednesdays and Fridays feature live music.

http://www.camanabay.com/events-calendar/

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,719 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for places to hear live caribbean/island music

Tuesday night BBQ at Kaibo has live music. They even have an option to bring you over from the other side of the island.

Naperville
Level Contributor
410 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for places to hear live caribbean/island music

Thanks for the great info everyone!

Camana Bay wasn't on my radar, so I will definitely check out their events schedule couple weeks our vac next spring. We'll put Deckers on our list too after listening to Hi Tide's music from their website. Based on reviews of Barefoot Man, I was considering him but after visiting his website I decided he isn't appropriate for my 7 and 9 y.o. girls. Just my opinion. The BBQ at Kaibo is definitely on our calendar since we're staying at the Retreat just up the road. I'll do a bit more research and also ask the locals when we're down there too.

5. Re: Looking for places to hear live caribbean/island music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 16:15