We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachcomber, Caribbean Club, or Ritz

rjf
LA
Level Contributor
221 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Beachcomber, Caribbean Club, or Ritz

Thinking about going to Grand Cayman at the end of May – beginning of June. Trying to decide between the Beachcomber, Ritz, and the Caribbean Club. Any suggestions?

It will be 4 of us. I am a diver and my daughter and son love to snorkel. My daughter did do 3 dives in St. Thomas this past year and loved it. May consider getting her certified in Grand Cayman.

Thanks,

rj

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
270 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachcomber, Caribbean Club, or Ritz

The condo atmosphere will be much different than staying at the Ritz, Are you looking for quiet and more private area or are you wanting to be waited on? Personally, I would never stay at the Ritz...too crowded on the beach. But you need to tell us what you are looking for. There isnt good snorkeling in front of any of the places you mentioned so dont let that guide you. You will have to walk or drive for good snorkeling.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachcomber, Caribbean Club, or Ritz

I've stayed at Caribbean Club and Beachcomber. I preferred Caribbean Club. It's in lines with a boutique hotel in that it's small and you get hotel amenities. May not matter but there's turn down service nightly, 7 day maid service daily as opposed to 6 at Beachcomber, restaurant on site(Luca) which allows room service for lunch/dinner, bar in Luca for drinks during day(conflicting news on whether they serve beach/poolside), their own grocery delivery service and will arrange for a taxi to pick you up at airport if necessary. I especially am a fan of the oceanfront villas.

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachcomber, Caribbean Club, or Ritz

For the ultimate experience the Ritz is a must!

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachcomber, Caribbean Club, or Ritz

Have you stayed there? Tell us about your experience and why you recommend the Ritz.

Edited: 20 December 2011, 14:41
5. Re: Beachcomber, Caribbean Club, or Ritz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 December 2011, 15:35
rjf
LA
Level Contributor
221 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachcomber, Caribbean Club, or Ritz

Thanks for the responses.

I am looking for a more relaxed atmosphere.

filter thanks for your response. I had a chance to read your reviews for both the Beachcomber and the Caribbean Club. It is always nice to get views from someone who has stayed at different locations. Also, looked at your review for the Coral Stone Club. I think I will have to decide between Caribbean Club and Coral Stone Club.

Are there any good snorkeling spots off of SMB that are within walking distance of the Caribbean Club and Coral Stone Club?

Thanks,

rj

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachcomber, Caribbean Club, or Ritz

rjf, admittedly I'm a fan of both Caribbean Club and Coral Stone Club. I've stayed at both places multiple times but hadn't written reviews about each visit. We've been staying along central SMB for many years having started at Westin for our first few trips then switching to Coral Stone Club as our first venture into condos. I've found both places not only to be of high quality in external things such as furnishings /offerings but also management/employees at both places over the years have never disappointed. Do contact them directly to inquire about any specials during your visit. It never hurts to ask!

I'm not a snorkeler but have friends who also stay in the area and they manage to find snorkeling locations within walking distance. There is also a good list on the right side of the page that was contributed by another member that shares snorkeling spots. If you have a car you'll be able to explore other areas.

8. Re: Beachcomber, Caribbean Club, or Ritz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman