We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to drive from Rum Point to 7MB at night?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is it safe to drive from Rum Point to 7MB at night?

My wife and I are doing the Bio-Bay Kayak Tour on a Friday night at Rum Point. It ends around 10:30pm. My question is, "Is it safe to do the 1-hour drive back to 7-MB that late on a Friday night?"

Thank You

Ricky

Marathon, Florida
Level Contributor
60 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is it safe to drive from Rum Point to 7MB at night?

It is safe enough in this place to walk and driving is even safer. The cops here don't ever wear sidearms on duty. They have them in the trunks but they do not carry weapons like most other countries. That should give you an indication as to the safety. They do have some roadblocks out at night but you will get a driving permit when you rent the car so that will not matter. You will also have a yellow tag on your car which is a sign for a rental car and every time we approached a road block we were waved right on through. The only thing you have to watch out for is around sunset all the land crabs are heading for the ocean and you will see thousands of them, lots don't make it. We drove all over the island, never had a problem, never locked our doors, left our GPS in the window. FYI your GPS unit from home will work there and can save you some money. When you land just turn it on and switch your home area to Grand Cayman, it comes preset it over 90% of GPS's. anymore questions feel free to ask.

12. Re: Is it safe to drive from Rum Point to 7MB at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2012, 10:19