We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stingray City

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Stingray City

HI there

We are taking a cruise that stops in Grand Cayman and I am excited to finally do Stingray City....however my family are great with small boats. What is the best way to go to Stingray City with the least amount of time in boats?

Thanx

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for East End, Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
911 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stingray City

Red Sail catamaran from Rum Point. But that means the most time spent in cars.

Naperville
Level Contributor
410 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stingray City

So the Red Sail offers more actual water time than other operators at stingray city?

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stingray City

Am I correct at interpreting you are are "not" great on small boats and thus looking for the quickest way to reach Sting Ray City?

I personally find catamarans to provide the smoothest transport option. Red Sail (from Safe Haven by SMB or Rum Point) or Dexter's Fantasea Tours are two options.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stingray City

The amount of time spent at SRC varies by operator and probably is also influenced by # of passengers and the whim of any given ship's crew. I have heard few complaints of anyone not being given enough time with the rays on any tour.

5. Re: Stingray City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2013, 10:19