We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pizza

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
331 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Best Pizza

Hello - my family will be visiting at in a few weeks and I'm trying to figure out our plans for dining out. Our family includes four teenagers, so I'd like to balance eating out at nicer places with fun, but cheaper places.

So far I have Pappagallo's, Calypso Grill or Morgan's Harbour for our nicer choices. For "cheaper" eats, I have Sunshine Grill, Chicken Chicken takeout, Tukka's, maybe Macabuca. Let me know your thoughts on my picks and if you have any other ideas. Also, please let me know your opinion on what's the best pizza place (either dine-in or take-out). Thanks for your help!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Pizza

IMO, Tukka's would not be on my list of "cheaper places". Perhaps you meant Tim-Buc-tuu? Tukka's is in the East End and based on the other restaurants you have listed, sounds like you're staying in the SMB area.

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
331 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Pizza

Thanks BarbP - I did mean Tim-Buc-Tuu.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,569 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Pizza

Ragazzi is a great choice. Billed as brick oven pizza but has much more to offer as well as great pizza -- same owners as Luca (my current favorite). Casanova is a great choice with a family (or not). Agave is a great little Mexican place. I also would recommend My Bar at Sunset House (great if you go to GT for lunch and then wonder around as the ships are leaving). Also Macabuca over by the Turtle Farm (great snorkeling right there as well). If you are on the island for a Sunday, definitely do a brunch!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Pizza

I'd cross off pizza as a "cheap eat." Pizza on the island is either not good or not cheap.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Pizza

XQ's is the best pizza on island by a mile and it actually holds up well compared to more upmarket pizzerias here in the UK/Europe. Of course American pizza is a little different. If you go at 3/4/5pm their entire pizza menu is $4/5/6 per pizza. Really good happy hour deal and they do delivery pizza at lunchtime too

Ragazzi is the other restaurant serving more upmarket personal pizzas

For something presenting itself as NY Style pizza, try Gino's. This is basically just fast food and delivery, but the pizzas aren't terrible and they are open late on Friday (3am)

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,914 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Pizza

Will try XQ's on our next visit. Also, have not yet tried the pizza at La Dolce Vita. Since we do not go to Ragazzi or order pizza when we are at Eduardo's, we order delivery to the condo from Gino's. I don't agree with smush that pizza on the island is not good and not cheap, everything is relative.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Pizza

Kiddos, I went to Ragazzi for lunch a few weeks ago and was massively disappointed. The service was shocking and I found the food below the old standards. Will take some convincing to go back there. Also haven't tried La Dolce Vita but not sure they have a wood-burning oven like XQ's... I'm in Italy quite often so am a bit of a pizza snob haha

XQ's is a new favourite of mine. It's open all day and the delivery pizzas have given me a new option instead of Ginos. I order for one and making the order up to $20 at Gino's is annoying. Give XQ's a go for lunch too, they have a pretty varied menu and it's reasonable, only a couple Dollars more than the deep fried frozen options from a lot of the bars down West Bay Rd

Oh, Karoo is doing Big Mac Sliders now, they've recreated it in miniature form and it's delicious. Closest one can get to the Golden Arches on the rock

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,914 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Pizza

We were not impressed with Ragazzi, tried it once some time ago and never went back. XQ's opening was delayed a bit and had not opened when we were last in Cayman. It's on my short list of places that might have a menu that I actually like : )

Mississippi
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Pizza

We always get takeout from Gino's Pizza (located in a strip on Seven Mile Beach) one night. It's good pizza - greasy, New York-style - and moderately priced by Grand Cayman standards.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,617 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Pizza

This native New Yorker gives two thumbs up to the pizza at La Dolce Vita. Not NY style , but much more true to the real Neapolitan original.

Will have to try XQ's, as the reviews have been very positive on the pizza.