We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Brunch - Ritz-Carlton or Westin

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Brunch - Ritz-Carlton or Westin

I've heard good things about both the Ritz-Carlton and Westin Sunday Brunches. I'm curious to hear some additional feedback as to which is preferable (assuming price is not an issue). I'm looking to compare (i) quality of food; (ii) variety of food; (iii) service; and (iv) ambiance.

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Brunch - Ritz-Carlton or Westin

I always go to the Ritz, even though their offerings are relatively more seafood based than the Westin (I'm a land lover)

1. Quality of food is better at the Ritz. I find the offerings of the Westin to have a 'mass produced' feel, while those of the Ritz look and taste as if more care, attention and money was involved in their production

2. Variety is probably better at Westin, in terms of number of dishes and their cuisine type. More quantity, less quality

3. Service is a Ritz forte, no matter which location you are at. The attention to detail, speed of champagne refills and special requests is what sets the Ritz apart, in my opinion

4. Westin allows you to sit very close to the beach which some people really care about. At the Ritz you can sit outside but it's not oceanside. Classier atmosphere at the RC in general though

Believe the Westin is CI$50 and the Ritz is CI$70

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Brunch - Ritz-Carlton or Westin

Thanks for your detailed reply - that's helpful. My party is actually big fans of seafood and less so on meats, so in this way the Ritz would work in our favour.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,662 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Brunch - Ritz-Carlton or Westin

My absolute favorite is Luca!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Brunch - Ritz-Carlton or Westin

Enjoy it, if Bertrand is working when you're there tell him Saj says hi. He's in charge and really cares about everybody's experience at 7 Prime Cuts

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,339 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Brunch - Ritz-Carlton or Westin

I would pick the Ritz every time though Luca might be a better deal. I've have several brunches at various RC's over the years and 7 easily trumps them all on both quality and variety.

Saj, tell Bertrand to keep doing what he's doing because the brunch as 7 is truly exceptional.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Brunch - Ritz-Carlton or Westin

Will do, haven't bumped into him recently but I know he loves what he does and takes personal pride in the product they offer, a sign of a great manager and a well run restaurant

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Brunch - Ritz-Carlton or Westin

Thanks for all the feedback. I have heard good things about Luca and have actually made a reservation for dinner there. I think the Ritz will be the place to go for the brunch. Looking forward to it...

OHIO
Level Contributor
229 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday Brunch - Ritz-Carlton or Westin

When the ritz says resort casual ... How casual is that? Collared short sleeve shirt, khaki shorts and sandals casual?

Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday Brunch - Ritz-Carlton or Westin

When we were there, saw a few groups in capri/bermuda shorts, but most had linen pants, khakis, or jeans on.

Orangevale...
Level Contributor
229 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday Brunch - Ritz-Carlton or Westin

I was recently researching the Ritz's Sunday brunch as I had read several times in these forums that it is outstanding. The prices are a bit higher than previously quoted. Don't have any info on the Westin, sorry.

ritzcarlton.com/en/…Default.htm (to make reservations or see what is offered during your stay)

Taittinger Champagne Brunch

Sundays at Seven, 12 p.m – 3 p.m.

It is our pleasure to welcome you to Grand Cayman’s most luxurious brunch, a grand Sunday feast, mingling breakfast tradition with Caribbean spice and Ritz-Carlton elegance. The abundance of tantalizing offerings is crowned by a masterful seafood display and flowing Taittinger Champagne. $88 KYD / $110 USD (unlimited Champagne) | $64 KYD / $80 USD (without Champagne).